“Great breakfast”

Clarion Inn Grand Junction
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Comfortable room, very substantial hot breakfast buffet. If yours is not as hot as when set out there is a microwave, just nuke it for a few seconds. Chain hotels are all very similar so I look to breakfast to distinguish them, this Clarion delivered :)

Room Tip: Some interior rooms open onto an indoor games area which can be noisy while kids are there playing b...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Darshann R, General Manager at Clarion Inn Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and are very glad you enjoyed your stay.

Darshann

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel is great! Clean. Very clean. Quiet. The hotel is huge. They have indoor and outdoor pools. The breakfast is wonderful. It's a full hot breakfast bar along with the breads, and cereals most hotels have. I was very pleased with this hotel!

Room Tip: Ours overlooked the indoor pool. That was fun.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Darshann

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel is rated a 3 star, but had a 2 star feel. I hate to complain because our room rate was reasonable, but I feel like I have to be realistic in a review. The hotel was very dated and common areas were dingy.
On a positive note, the property has an indoor and outdoor pool and a restaurant and bar attached to the building. We had a glass of wine in the bar, but did not eat at the restaurant. The complimentary buffet breakfast is a true full breakfast with scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, etc., but the food was not the best. I skipped breakfast on our last day. However, plenty of guests seemed to enjoy it. Our room had a mini fridge and flat screen TV. I also liked the glassware provided in the room as opposed to plastic. The mirror and sink were separate from the toilet and shower which is a nice convenience. The staff was friendly. Spend more if you want a true 3 star atmosphere, but overall not bad for the price we paid.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Darshann R, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts concerning our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us. We appreciate the compliments and concerns. We are working hard to update our common areas and hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were staying in Grand Junction for only one night, and Clarion provided excellent rates and location. We enjoyed our stay until the next morning, when my husband had to chase a mouse around the hotel room we were in. They did refund our stay, which was not expected but appreciated.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Darshann R, General Manager at Clarion Inn Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

I would like to apologize for the unwanted guest in your room. Thank you so much for bringing it to our attention. Again I am very sorry for the situation you encountered during your stay with us. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future. It is always our intention that each and every one of our guests enjoy their stay with us.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

For an eighteen day road trip stop this was the nicest place we stayed. We stayed here by accident because the hotel we planned on staying in was full. Lucky for us. We got a reasonable rate, great room. This is a big place, like a convention destination. The property is clean and well cared for. Our room was very nice, clean, well furnished quiet and comfortable. Way above other Choice hotels AND because we are Choice members we got a free drink at the bar. Breakfast was very busy but staff worked quickly to fill dishes and clean tables. Food was way above average. This property was a great surprise and will make me look at Clarion first while on the road.

Room Tip: Inside rooms face the courtyard/pool not the parking lot.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 0993

Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We look forward to your next visit to Grand Junction.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel was very nice for how much it cost, and has nice amentities. Sure, the bed is a bit hard, and the walls aren't the thickest in the world, but if you are just looking for a good nights sleep, it's easy to get one here.

Breakfast was awesome too, they had a waffle machine, pancakes, bacon, biscuits, gravy, fruit, yogurt, eggs, cereal and loads of other breakfast stuff, and best of all, it was free!

I was in this hotel for less than 12 hours, as a stop over on my trip from Orange County to Denver. It's a nice place to stop if you are making that long of a drive.

Service desk staff was also very kind, and accommodating.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that is on the opposite side from the freeway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank skylinrcr01

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is our second visit to the Clarion and when staying in Grand Junction we will probably be back. Large updated clean rooms. Great value. Nice indoor and outdoor pool. Good hot breakfast. Friendly staff. Good location. Only a short distance from food (Applebees Burger King, Wendy's, etc). And a few min drive to downtown or the mall where there are even more food choices. Whether passing through or making it a weekend in the western slope this is a good choice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris D
Darshann R, General Manager at Clarion Inn Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to your next visit to Grand Junction.