“Right price, good location, excellent customer service, and a nice breakfast”
Review of Grand Vista Hotel

Grand Vista Hotel
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We recently stayed here during a road trip through Colorado and we like that fact that this place was inexpensive; one of the least expensive that I found in Grand Junction in fact. It's right off the highway so it was convenient to find and get into right off I-70. We received very good customer service from the front desk which is always great to see. The breakfast buffet at the downstairs restaurant was also nice and a good start to the day. The rooms are just fine with everything you expect. For the price is really is great and better than many of the chain brand hotels I've stayed in the past.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Claude_and_Elena

Reviewed 8 February 2014

This older property is situated less than a mile from the airport. I have stayed there on several occasions when flying. The rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable. The TV was not a flat screen, but certainly was adequate. There is a restaurant, bar, in-door pool, and exercise room. All for around $50 per night! Also, if you're only planning to be away for a few days they will allow you to leave your car there, and will shuttle you to and from the airport. I saved enough in parking to almost cover the cost of the room! While not fancy at all, this hotel is my standard stop when I'm in Grand Junction.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Shelby L
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This hotel would've received a "very good" rating from me if I had been able to make use of all it's facilities and features, but my actual experience only merits "average". I stayed here for two days when I was visiting eastern Utah/western Colorado and was going to be flying home on a 6am flight out of the Grand Junction airport. I chose this hotel because of its price, its free airport shuttle, the restaurant, and the pool/hot tub. The price couldn't be beat (about $52 through Orbitz) and the custodian who operated the shuttle and drove me to the airport was incredibly friendly and helpful (he had my luggage loaded up and the van doors open for me before I had even finished checking out). The beds were very comfortable and the room had a great view of the mountains. However, my visit fell flat in the other areas. Upon check-in the front desk attendant seemed a little annoyed and as though she didn't want to be bothered. The pool and hot tub were closed for cleaning for a five-day period according to the sign on the door so I was unable to use it. There were vending machines on each floor, but unfortunately the ice machine on my floor was "out of order" and the soda machine only had Sprite in stock. The only toiletries in the bathroom was a round bar of soap and a little bottle of shampoo. I'm the type of person who travels with my own toiletries, but if I had forgotten to pack them then I would've been very disappointed (and had very tangled hair and dry skin). I didn't have a mode of personal transportation while staying there the second day (the person I was in the area visiting had to return to work then) so I had chosen this hotel with the intention of making use of the restaurant. I slept in late (missing breakfast) and went down to the lobby to see a "LUNCH Soup/Sandwich" menu posted by the front doors of the restaurant. So imagine my surprise when I looked into the restaurant and saw all the lights off. I asked the front desk attendant about it and she said that the restaurant closed at 10am from breakfast and reopens at 5pm for dinner. I inquired about why there is a lunch menu if the restaurant is not even open then, and she just shrugged. I was highly disappointed (as well as hungry), but luckily there was a little shopping plaza across the street that had a couple of Italian pizza/pasta restaurants. Overall, it was an "ok" stay and I'm sure I would've enjoyed it more if everything had been functioning properly and the restaurant had been opened as advertised. I'd recommend this hotel only if you're just passing through the area and need a soft bed and hot shower for one night or are looking to catch a flight early in the morning.

Room Tip: If allergic to dogs, request a room NOT on first floor. Guests are permitted to have their canine fr...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank BioAnthroNerd11
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Near airport and central location. Older hotel and a bit dated yet has charm. Large rooms with lovely views for the area. Excellent staff. Ask for renovated room with new TV. Parking good and near restaurants. Karaoke (!) and live music in lounge with good happy hour specials. Breakfast buffet a bit week but not expensive. Restaurant charming but could use menu/quality improvement. Wait staff very good. Super affordable rates. Very safe neighborhood. Easy off freeway. Would stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank westslope
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Not a 3 star
Smelled like 1984
The carpet was old and grungy,
No free breakfast,parking lot was irregular shaped with plenty of signs knowing they where not responsible for theft and damage
The bathroom was clean with a power flush toilet
Staff was ok

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank norman426
Reviewed 17 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Elizabeth G
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My husband booked two rooms for our family - a king for the two of us and a room with two queens for our kids. The king was a "suite" which sounded promising.

We were interested in the pool until we saw that it was enclosed by windows on three sides - a bit of a fishbowl experience.

Upon leaving the elevator on the second floor, we were serenaded by two rooms with loudly crying children. The doors to the rooms were closed but the sound was nicely amplified by the hallway.

As for our "suite - it was on the end of of the hall so no neighbors on one side. The door didn't quite close unless it was slammed hard. This was a little disconcerting as it took us a few times of entering and leaving before we realized that the door wasn't closing or locking. The room was quite large which was nice but the TV was a 23" situated so far across the room from the bed that it seemed even smaller. The telephone didn't work so we couldn't call our kids in their room. After unplugging and plugging it again, we successfully obtained a dial tone and called. The hand set didn't work so our kids picked up the ringing phone and couldn't hear us on the other end. Kind of annoying. Our bathroom was interesting. The sink and tub surround looked as though they'd been upgraded but the tub itself was "seasoned". It had the equipment for a jacuzzi tub but nothing would make it work. I took a shower in the morning and it didn't drain very well so it was a bit like taking a bath/shower. Unfortunately, the shower curtain was a bit short so I imagine that the people below us might have gotten wet from the lake that formed next to the tub. And finally, the toilet didn't flush properly. My husband and I didn't discover this for a while - guess we each thought the other one was saving water - ha!

On the plus side - the mattress was comfortable enough, we didn't need a "night light" as the space around the door allowed the light from the hallway to adequately light the room, the heater worked, the included breakfast was fine, the staff seemed nice and the price was reasonable.

Room Tip: Go for a corner room! Our "King Suite" was the same price as room our kids had with two q...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family