“Interesting.. but just ok”
Review of O- A Bistro

O- A Bistro
Ranked #9 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Lake
Price range: US$5 - US$40
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Casual Fine Dining in the heart of the Rocky Mountians!
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We had an early dinner that day as our flight and drive made for a weird eating schedule that day. Menu was very limited. Seemed the waitress had been to happy hour, and that was the environment in a laid back kind of way. Crepes and soup/ salad were really the only choices and it was about 5pm. I wouldn't say it was bad food/ service, but it wasn't great either.

There are newer reviews for O- A Bistro

Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our lunch! I had the grilled cheese which was not just any grilled cheese but had 4 kinds of cheese, bacon and grilled onions. Very tasty! My husband did the special of the day Pony Sandwich - grilled Texas toast, 4 ounce hamburger, french fries, all topped with cheese sauce. The homemade vegetable soup was also excellent. Dean, our waiter, was very helpful and encouraged us to return on the weekend for breakfast. This is certainly a unique place that you would not expect to find in a town like Grand Lake. Check it out!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Great service, nice folks, pretty good food, not very cheap. All in all, it was "ok". Grand Lake is not competing with NYC as a culinary hub, and in the end, it's probably as good as you'll find there. Certainly an option to get a nice meal, in a nice environment. I cannot knock much, but in reality, the food was just ok.....not horrible by any means, but far from amazing.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We both had crepes that were excellent. The service was friendly and personal, and the wine selection extraordinary for such a place. We really enjoyed! Very good value!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

I had read some comments about food coming from crock pots- no kitchen... well, not so. I sent right in front of the kitchen and watched them prepare my food all night. I loved the mushroom soup. Good dinner, nice service, and caring people. That 'gratis' glass of Prosecco with the chocolate cake dessert was great.