“O- bistro was better than ok....”
Review of O- A Bistro

O- A Bistro
Ranked #9 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Lake
Price range: US$5 - US$40
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Casual Fine Dining in the heart of the Rocky Mountians!
CO
“O- bistro was better than ok....”
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We had made reservations a month in advance but when we called the day of to confirm, they didn't have us down, luckily they were able to fit us in. The menu was 6 courses and I choose to add the wine pairing. The food was good and there is plenty of it but the first few items were a little cold; the rest were hot. The amount of wine poured in the pairing was light and at one point the waitress poured more than she wanted to in my glass and instead of leaving it, she poured it down the sink. What a waste! I would likely try it again because the food was good and the menu is always changing; I'd like to see what else they come up with. I wouldn't pay for the wine pairing though!

Visited February 2014

Grand Lake, Colorado
“Boutique Restaurant”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Don't let the size (small) of the restaurant fool you. The food and staff are awesome! The atmosphere is cozy and comfortable a good place for romantic dinner & wine.

Visited December 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Average Bistro”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Made reservations for the wine pairing dinner. The portions were adequate and the majority of the pairings were fabulous. The service was average to poor. One of the courses came out cold as it had been sitting out waiting to be served. We waiting for the waitress to come back so we could ask her to warm it up but after 15 minutes, we just ate it. Two of the courses, we waited more than 10 minutes before the wine that was paired with the dish was served. The actual food was delicious. Kudos to the chef, but won't spend that kind of money for that kind of service.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Banagirl G
Hastings, Nebraska
“Relax and enjoy!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I have been to O Bistro many times, for either a drink or for a light meal. You can't beat the quiet, cozy atmosphere with a great view of the board walk for people watching! Settle back in a wing back chair and enjoy trying several different wines by the glass or by the bottle. Staff is friendly and helpful. Uptight city folks may not enjoy the laid back style of the people of Grand Lake...but they are all sincere and happy to serve you. It is as if you are good friends....not merely customers. Years ago on this same corner sat a wonderful place called the Corner Cupboard...O Bistro may not have quite that same cache......but it's a close second! One of the many great gems of Grand Lake!

• Visited September 2013
Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wish we came here first”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My husband and I came here for breakfast on our last day; we really wish we came here earlier! The decor was quaint - it reminded me of a study in someone's home: small tables, wingback chairs, books, etc. My husband had the country burrito - a breakfast burrito smothered in their sausage gravy - he told me not to bother with green chili any more! I had the Waconda Special: biscuits topped with hashbrowns, eggs, cheese and smothered in the sausage gravy (obviously we're fans of gravy). The gravy was rich, in a good way, and the biscuits were fluffy. All in all, I thought the price was equivalent to what we'd pay somewhere in Denver metro ($10 per plate), but the experience was more unique. On our next visit, we're definitely coming for dinner too.

• Visited October 2013