“Didn't meet expectations”

Price range: US$5 - US$40
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Casual Fine Dining in the heart of the Rocky Mountians!
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Our neighbors had raved about the burgers which they had for lunch at this restaurant, but we were sorely disappointed. The burger was small, very "fast food" average with a "McDonalds" type bun. The chowder was bland with no flavor and was served at room temperature. We could never get the server's attention to tell him. The rest of our food was of similar quality. The server was surly and the only time we saw him was when we got our beverages and when we flagged him down to get our bill (someone else delivered our food). Only four tables were occupied, but he always seemed to be rushing around with a frown on his face. Maybe we just visited this restaurant on a bad day, but we don't think we'll try it again.

1  Thank TucsonGal47

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We have passed this place a number of times, not realizing they served breakfast. We popped in on this visit and really enjoyed the décor (like eating in an old fashioned parlor). Though our table was a bit small we managed to fit everything on it. We really enjoyed the coffee and breakfast. It has a slower pace to it so we didn't feel rushed. I did not note exactly what we had as others have, but I recall we did get the cinnamon roll and standard breakfast fare (I think I had a scrabbled egg breakfast and my wife may have had a huevos rancheros or benedict?). We will definitely add this establishment to our list next visit. We have not had lunch or dinner here.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We had made reservations a month in advance but when we called the day of to confirm, they didn't have us down, luckily they were able to fit us in. The menu was 6 courses and I choose to add the wine pairing. The food was good and there is plenty of it but the first few items were a little cold; the rest were hot. The amount of wine poured in the pairing was light and at one point the waitress poured more than she wanted to in my glass and instead of leaving it, she poured it down the sink. What a waste! I would likely try it again because the food was good and the menu is always changing; I'd like to see what else they come up with. I wouldn't pay for the wine pairing though!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Don't let the size (small) of the restaurant fool you. The food and staff are awesome! The atmosphere is cozy and comfortable a good place for romantic dinner & wine.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Made reservations for the wine pairing dinner. The portions were adequate and the majority of the pairings were fabulous. The service was average to poor. One of the courses came out cold as it had been sitting out waiting to be served. We waiting for the waitress to come back so we could ask her to warm it up but after 15 minutes, we just ate it. Two of the courses, we waited more than 10 minutes before the wine that was paired with the dish was served. The actual food was delicious. Kudos to the chef, but won't spend that kind of money for that kind of service.

1  Thank Banagirl G