“Great ride!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Goddard
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great ride!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Beautiful weather and a great ride with Vince. We have experience but trails were still interesting and sights were beautiful.

Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We recently went on a horseback riding trip at Sombrero Stables in Grand Lake, CO. First off, we called and were able to reserve the same day. Staff at the stable is super nice and helpfull. They were able to accomodate us with all of the requests we had. Vince was our tour guide. Very knowledgable and fun to be around person. He took us on a scienic ride thru the mountains, pointing out wild life and telling us stories. We had an amazing time!!! Thank you Sombrero stable and a special thank you to our guide, Vince !!!!!!!!

1 Thank denvergirl965
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great day of riding at Grand Lake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I'm a single dad of two teenagers (15 & 18). We thought it would be fun to ride horses while we were in the area. I'm not a rider, so I was a bit wary. All of the help at the ranch put my mind at ease and were very helpful throughout the ride. There were a few "scary" parts of the trail ride (steep inclines), but our wrangler (Sabrina) gave us great instruction and everything was just fine. The only reason I didn't give the ride a "5" was that it was a bit slow for two teenagers. It seems that if they were engaged more throughout the ride it would have held their attention better. Overall, it was a wonderful experience.

Montgomery, Indiana
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Horseback through the mountains :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We had a very enjoyable ride through the mountains and meadows. Saw a few deer and checked out some of the forest wildflowers. Very scenic and relaxing. We had a wonderful guide (although his name escapes me) and another "guide in training" that was from Indiana (where we're from) so that was nice. In the past I'd had a bad experience horseback riding so this was awesome to go from a horse that wanted to kick to Betty who was very tame and responded to direction well. I will return if I visit Colorado again!

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“So much fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

This was a great activity! Guides were great. A lot of fun and beautiful scenery. 4 stars because I always worry the horses aren't given the best care. The wranglers do great, but the wrangler to horse ratio was not great. But, a great great experience!