“Amazing Food, Amazing View, Amazing Service”
Review of Grand Lake Lodge

Grand Lake Lodge
Ranked #9 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Lake
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: t re-opened this summer. Lodge has been reconditioned. View is spectacular and food is wonderful and resaonably priced.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Hidden gem in this great little town. Just the bread and tomato soup are enough for me to want to go back every time I am there. We were a family of 6 and EVERYONE loved everything. Gift shop was a winner too.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

we have eaten here numerous times, but this time the service at dinner was absolutely the worse, it was sooooooooooo slow and the waitress, goofed up our order. The food was just O.K. the Caprese salad is not a salad, but 4 sections of a tomato with a sprinkling and I do mean sprinkling of greens, it comes on an over side dinner plate and literally doesn't even cover a 1/4 of the plate, pretty ridiculous. They must of changed chefs because the breakfast wasn't as good as last year, but the service was wonderful.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We always love this old lodge, but this visit wasn't as good as previously. first, the restaurant, the chefs must of changed, food OK but just average. The cabins are rustic but comfortable, don't expect creature comforts this is an old historic lodge you go for the views and easy access to Rocky Mt. N.P. One of the strangest things we encountered was they switch the password for the internet everyday, but they don't tell you this at check in?? Strange, they do have TV in cabins,but no phones and spotty internet.

1  Thank suzieFortCollins
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed there with another couple, and went to dinner on our first night. I had trout, which was cooked and presented in an unusual way, but was very good. I usually like it sauteed, but this was baked, as I recall, and it turned out a little drier than usual, but very nicely presented.

The view from high over Grand lake is spectacular. We were seated aat the window on the deck, which is semi-enclosed and heated.

A very enjoyable meal. Our waiter was Croatian, and learning English, but he did very well. We had him again at breakfast. teh following morning

Reviewed 2 July 2014

It has been awhile since I was at the Grand Lake Lodge. This is a beautiful place with great scenery but the management sucks. I had a job here for one day, got a shirt and had to call about 5 times to get my pay for the day. it was ridiculous and the girl that manages the servers needs to be fired. She is the rudest woman I have ever come across in my life.

Also we went to a birthday party there with several friends. We paid $25.00 for brunch, bought drinks and tipped the waitress well for the drinks and then she charged us a 20% gratuity for brunch. She didn't even pick our plates up. We had to take them up to the cook because she did not want to do here job but she sure charged us that gratuity. I have not been back there since and I think that was two years ago. Don't even have the desire to go there again until they get different management!.

It is too bad this place only wants to hire international people as well and they do not do a good job. The one day I did work, all the girls complained about the bus boy because he did not bus the tables. Whey did they hire him then? Oh Well These people need to realize that they need to support the locals or they are going to talk bad about them and tell everyone what a bad experience they had and not recommend they go there.