We were unable to get to Estes Park on the night of 12th September because of the floods. Our last possible point of entry via the Trail Ridge Road was not attempted following advice from the park rangers so we were stranded in Grand Lake and needed a hotel fast.
We stumbled on this hotel after the chamber of commerce gave us a list of possibles. What a happy find. The room opened directly onto a patio with chairs and tables and had excellent views of the lake which we were able to appreciate as the Continental Divide kept most of the rain away.
We were greeted warmly at reception and given a good room rate (no sign of profiteering from the Estes Park escapees).
The room was quite good, if a little dated, and was comfortable and clean.
I can imagine this hotel would be a delight in warmer, sunnier conditions but seemed like an oasis to us after the day we had had! Thanks again for rescuing us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Lake, Colorado lakeside hotel, cabins, condos & wedding venue at west entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. All properties within walking distance to shops, restaurants and activities. Offering outdoor year round fun from boating and hiking to snowmobiling, ice fishing, Nordic Skiing, snowshoeing and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your Western Riviera Lakeside Lodging & Events reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Western Riviera Lakeside Lodging & Events Hotel Grand Lake
- Western Riviera Lakeside Lodging And Events
- Western Riviera Lakeside Hotel
- Western Riviera Lakeside Motel