“Yummmmmy!!”

Dairy King
Ranked #3 of 4 Dessert in Grand Lake
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Great little family owned ice cream shop just down the street that serves great cheap burgers & AWESOME M&M Blasts!!

Reviewed 6 October 2012 via mobile

We ate a late lunch here on a Monday. The place was very small inside had 3 booths & a bar. You could also eat outside on a couple of tables. We both ordered burgers and fries. Cooked to order; they were good and reasonably priced. Service was good. The restroom is located in the kitchen (had to ask).

Reviewed 5 October 2012

We turned off to Grand Lake with the thought of finding a small tempting snack. Maybe a couple of fries and a drink to sip, not much, just a little for the drive. Then we saw the Dairy King, a grand old seasonal snackbar from 1953. Looking at the menu we decided to split a cheeseburger, onion-rings and a large vanilla malt, ordered a corn-dog before we finished the meal. Good thing we didn't show up hungry.
I loved it when the friendly people said it would take 8 minutes to cook our order!

I don't mind waiting for hot fresh good food. I don't need my order in under 30 seconds.
Too many places want to serve half cooked fries just so you can have it fast.
Thank you for taking the time to do it right.

We started planning our return visit to the Dairy King before we finished our meal, that started out to be just a lite snack.
78 miles, about 2 hours of beautiful driving from our house and we haven't made it back since our visit 2 weeks ago, between chemo and the weather up in Rocky Mountain Park we just haven't made it back despite talking about it every day. They close for the winter and I don't know the date, but if I get up by there I will swing in to see if they are open, they are that good.

Now we're hoping for an early spring, even before winter really starts.

Reviewed 28 September 2012 via mobile

We stopped by after a performance at the local theatre. Great banana split as well as many flavors of hand dipped ice cream. Good place to visit if you want a meal or ice cream treat.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

This place has been in Grand Lake since the 50's and I think it's still the same sign! I remember the Dairy King from my childhood and it's still the same great place. Great prices for lots of ice cream and that small town charm. If you want soft serve, this is your place.