“Good Beer & Appetizers”
Review of Grand Lake Brewing Taphouse - CLOSED

Grand Lake Brewing Taphouse
Reviewed 26 August 2013

After staying in RMNP until after dark, we found the Taphouse in order to have a couple of drinks and appetizers. At that time it was not crowded so we just sat at the bar & talked with the bartender. The appetizers were good and came out promptly, and we have enjoyed their brews from past visits. (I recommend the Wooly Booger Nut Brown Ale and the White Cap Wheat.) We were a bit disappointed that they had moved from their more convenient former downtown location since our last visit a few years ago.

1  Thank EffinIllini

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Made reservations for 8, and needed to expand to 10, which didn't create a problem. Except, NOBODY seems to answer the phone during the day, and I had to walk in and make the reservations.
Wait staff initially did not want to separate checks, but eventually did. Drinks were timely served, and the meal a little slower, but all meals were served at the same time. Good effort.
The meals all tasted satisfactory, but the presentation was lacking. A pot pie in a large, white ramekin, all set upon a white dinner plate. No garnish. No "side." Just a barren ramekin on a barren plate. The pot pie was okay, but lacked green veggies.
My wife ordered the $12 Thai dinner salad. Said to be "spicy." It was served in a too-large white bowl, making the portion seem too small. Again, no side garnish such as crackers. Extra dressing was requested. Spicy must mean something different above 9,000 feet. Thanks to some nearby Sriracha sauce, she was able to spice it up.
The beers were okay, but seemed lacking in creativity or memorability.
If back in Grand Lake, I'd stop in for a beer an appetizer, and get dinner elsewhere.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

The place is way, way outside of town and it doubles as some sort of real estate office. We asked to sit on the balcony and the tables were covered with the carnage of past patrons. I'd read the reviews but thought that surely the proprietors aren't as bad as I'd read. I was wrong. This place is dirty. We ditched our plans to eat and just ordered beers. My glass had a dead fly crushed into it. We paid and left. BEWARE

1  Thank wneal14
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I would not go back. Service was poor. The food was worse. The beer was fine and the view was lovely.

1  Thank rplat
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My husband and I love trying different beers. The beers here were good but lacked some pizazz. We had beers on 2 different occasions plus ate dinner there one night. I had the stroganoff and he had the Mediterranean pizza. Both were OK but nothing special. Service was decent considering that it was a very busy 4th of July weekend.