“Our stay in the cabin”

Daven Haven Lodge & Cabins
Superior, Colorado
“Our stay in the cabin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

My daughter and I were able to break away from civilization for one night. The cabin and surroundings were perfect. Everything was far more than we expected in terms of supplies and nearby hiking. I cant comment on the restaurant because we have specific dietary needs not accomodated by most restaurants and just brought our own food. The kitchen had literally everything you would need. I want to return except for the price. The Groupon allowed us to go this time, but don't know if we could swing another time.

Room Tip: Its all online. No problem.

1 Thank Marcia H
Jeanie B, Front Office Manager at Daven Haven Lodge & Cabins, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Hi Marcia!
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! The kitchens are one of my favorite parts of each cabin. We are running a new Groupon special starting September 2nd. Keep an eye out for it or call me any time! I look forward to your next Mountain Getaway with us.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our families first reaction upon pulling in was that all the cabins were on top of each other. After settling in we found it to have a surprisingly private feeling. You can't beat the location. It's short walking distance to lake and town. Wildife frequent the campground. the moose were amazing! Things were very quiet during our stay. But maybe this was due to 3 days of rain and early season. The only time things got loud was around dinner time. Many people come to the steakhouse here. It gets packed every night. Very good meal but expensive. Only have a few small complaints. The grounds seemed to be in rough shape. Like they were not ready for season to start. We did see people out working on it so that was good. Also, they seemed very under staffed. Owners were running around like crazy trying to run steakhouse, bar and tending to the cabins. But all our needs were taken care of. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Postmanjjc
Hi Postmanjjc!
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! You are correct in stating that we were preparing for the season. We had snow piled high this past winter and when it melts we have to work very quickly to get the grounds cleaned and tidy. In the early spring months we do see, and feel, understaffed due to the extra maintenance and grooming, but once this major project is completed we all go back to our usual tasks. It's great that all of your needs were met and you left happy!
Be on the look out for our latest Groupon specials starting September 2nd! I look forward to seeing you again during your next Mountain Getaway!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

My girlfriends stayed at the wildwood cabins. The aspen cabin specifically. The cabin was perfect location to main st and the lake. It fit 3 people perfectly. Everything was clean. We had a great time.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Maygers
Hi Maygers!
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I look forward to seeing you during your next Mountain Getaway!
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Right at the end of the Grand Lake main street, these cabins are the perfect location. Super quiet and charming, the Aspen cabin we stayed in was adequate for our weekend. Both the bedroom mattress and sofa bed mattress were the most uncomfortable things on the planet. Very wire-y mattress that caved in the middle due to a broken bed frame. Things like this seem like easy upgrades for the guests comfort. Maybe someday... Lacking on outlets and even then some of those weren't working. It worked for us because we were outside of the cabin for most of the trip. We barely spent time there except for sleeping and showering.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank LenayNicole
Hi LenayNicole!
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We have upgraded many of the mattresses in our cabins, including this cabin. This is an expensive project so it is taking some time, but we are working diligently. Join us again and experience our improved beds!

Travellers are raving about these Grand Lake hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I am sad to say we were very disappointed with our stay at Daven Haven Lodge and Cabins. I purchased a Groupon and used it over Father's Day. Initially the staff were very helpful in booking our cabin. My husband and I have 4 children and were excited to get away to Grand Lake for a few days. We booked a reservation at the Steakhouse on Father's day. I had a french dip sandwich which was supposed to by prime rib and the meat was so chewy and crisp I had to send it back. The owner did nothing about any type of compensation. My husband's steak was ordered rare and arrived barely pink. The kids meals were ok. The macaroni and cheese was good.
When we checked in we signed a contract stating we had no pets and would be fined if we brought any into our cabin. That was fine by us since half of my family has pet allergies. My husband felt horrible the whole weekend and we couldn't figure out why. My teenager had hives as well. I wrote it off to different pollens in the area until we were getting ready to leave and checked drawers, under beds, etc. for items left behind. To my horror I discovered an old sock, childrens toys, an empty water bottle and A PET BED COVERED IN DOG HAIR!
I brought this to the attention of the manager. She was very pleasant and said she would contact the owners of the cabin and we should receive compensation.

NEVER HEARD A WORD AFTER THAT.

Grand Lake was lovely and we will return to the area. Definitely not to the Daven Haven Lodge and Cabins.

1 Thank Jayne H
Hi Jayne!
I'm sorry to hear that your stay was unpleasant! The cabin that you stayed in is a Homeowner cabin, it is true that it is not pet friendly but the Homeowner does bring their dog with them when they stay in this cabin. Had we known that your family suffers from allergies I'm sure we would have found you a different cabin. As far as compensation for your stay, please call me anytime and we can talk more about this.
Thornton, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Clean and comfortable. The floor in the bed area was oddly un-even it was like a mound slopping on all sides?!?!? They were very quick to fix a window that didn't have a blind. Asked about fixing it as we went to dinner and when we got back it was fixed! I would stay here again.

Hi Kimberly!
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you during your next Mountain Getaway!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our cabin was in a great location, close to the beach and Grand St (separate from the main cabins). It was very cute, and plenty large enough for 4 people. But, it was a little neglected. We arrived to a gas leak from the stove, which we were told to fix ourselves when we called for help. One of the blinds was replaced with a sheet, and the sofa bed was so uncomfortable that we had to line it with cushions from the couch. There was no light in the shower, which was actually good because the sheer curtains in the bathroom meant that I had to duck down to use it at night, for fear of flashing the neighbors. Oh and the wi-fi router had to be restarted about every 30 min, or as soon as our connection timed out. If the Daven Haven put a few minor updates into this cabin, it would be great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DavenHavenLodge, Front Office Manager at Daven Haven Lodge & Cabins, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Hi ElenorW!
I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We work very hard at keeping our cabins maintained and most people love these cabins. Occasionally the pilot light goes our on the stove and must be relight which would explain the gas smell in your cabin. Because we are small family owned business we all wear many hats it is possible that when you called our Maintenance technition was working in the dinning room. We have a very high standard for our cabins and can't imagine that we would replace blinds/curtains with a sheet. I hope that for your future Mountain Getaways you can find lodging that better suits your needs.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Lake
Western Riviera Lakeside Lodging & Events
Spirit Lake Lodge
Spirit Lake Lodge
#6 of 20 in Grand Lake

Been to Daven Haven Lodge & Cabins? Share your experiences!