“Great trails, professional staff ”

On The Trail Rentals
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Equipment in excellent condition. Knowledgeable staff. Best was it the facility was right there at trails so no wasted traveling time. Main building has lodge area with TV and couches for members of the group that do not want to ride. Coffee and hot chocolate too. Trails were well marked and scenery was spectacular. Great 4 hour ride.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
"rental shop"
"worked great"
"great snow"
in 2 reviews
"look forward to going back"
"rain gear"
"complimentary popcorn"

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Great place for ATVing and Snowmobiles. Very nice people who work here and nice facilities. This is a beautiful place - summer or winter. My favorite is winter with all the snow and riding snowmobiles up into the Arapaho National Forest its gorgeous.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We had so much fun just riding the trails. Everyone was so nice. Checking in was a breeze and map directions were clear. UTV was in great shape and we were headed out on the trail in the matter of 10 minutes or so. We spent four hours just riding and looking at the beautiful scenery. I highly recommend On the Trail Rentals. Can't wait to go back in the winter season.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

First off, I want just want to properly inform people who are interested in renting from On The Trail Rentals to know that this business takes great pride in their machines. Therefore I respect them for asking us (renters) to also take care of them. Before my boyfriend and I left on our double ATV, we were informed before hand about excessive muddy machines that we could be charged. The gentleman checking us out explained that yes, the trails are muddy, but as long as we took our time through the puddles we would avoid getting caked in mud. I had no problem with this request and completely understood. Yes, ATVing is all about mud and getting dirty, but if this is what you wish to do, do it on your own machines. If you respect them and their machines, they respect you.

So with that being said, On Monday the 2nd (Labor Day), My boyfriend and I were looking for something to do and stumbled upon On The Trail Rentals. They informed us that they were very full but still found a way to find us a double machine for a 2 hour rental. They equipped us with helmets, a detailed map, and a machine. I thought the prices were reasonable for a rental business. The lady in the office was very pleasant and made checking in easy on us. Before getting on our machine, the gentleman checking us out was very thorough with explaining how to operate the machine and also thorough with the map. After that, we inspected the machine for damage and he again explained what he would look for when we returned. When we left, the first hill was intimidating to me but my boyfriend loved it! The trails were pretty easy to navigate. I would have gotten lost but my boyfriend is good with a map so it was easy for him. On our way back we lost track of time and got back about 15 minutes late. Even though we were late, they never said one word about it. I apologized and said that I would pay an additional charge but they told me not to worry. This place is great and we will definitely be back next time to rent from these guys again!!!

2  Thank Tiffany C
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We just returned from a 4 hour UTV rental from these people on the Polaris Ranger Crew UTV's. We rented two fo these for approximately 500.00 total. While the equipment was serviceable and we had an un-eventful ride, most all of the trails were muddy in spots with standing water. Rain showered off and own most of the ride. Upon returning to the rental office, one of the drivers carrying our granddaughter and friend wanted to go through a large standing puddle of water that exists at the immediate back of the rental office. While doing that, the manager of the facility was standing outside and immediately showed disgust. We pulled through the gate at the back of the lot, and the manager immediately started telling us that he was going to charge us an additional 25.00 cleaning fee (which he said was due to excessive mud on the vehicle). I mean it would have been impossible to ride the trails without getting mud on these machines. If you have ever ridden the trails up there in the summertime, you know how bad the dust and mud can be when it stands on the trails. Anyway, the manager (owner?) was pressure washing all the returns as the rentals were being returned. So, if you have to pressure wash them anyway, what makes it wort an additional 25.00 dollar charge (for as he calls it "excessive mud"). We have rented from this location many times before and have never damaged, been late returning, or anything. Sometimes even returned snowmobile rentals early when we got too cold. Do you think he offered to credit anything for unused hours? Certainly not! We paid his absurd charge and informed him that he would not get our business ever again! He could have cared less. His wife informed us that they were busy enough that she had to turn away business, so it made no difference to them. Do not rent from this business unless you want to be subjected to unnecessary additional expenses and remember to don,t get his machines MUDDY unless you want to pay his "Excessive mud" fee!

7  Thank Larry S
On The Trail R, Owner at On The Trail Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2015

We are very sorry to here about your negative experience at On The Trail Rentals. We here at On The Trail Rentals take great pride in having exceptional equipment for our customers. Yes, it is true we have an additional fee for excessively muddy machines. Customers who purposely drive machines through large puddles and muddy areas are asked to pay an additional $25 per machine for the additional time it takes to wash the machines. The additional time includes cleaning out the radiators so the machine won't overheat for the next customer, checking and replacing the air filter so the engine doesn't fail for the next customer, and hand washing the machine because the mud is caked into the seats and plastic. Its all about providing customers great equipment. Management.