“Not even adventurously bad. Just bad.”
Review of SunSet Motel

SunSet Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grand Lake
SunSet Motel
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Grand Lake
“Not even adventurously bad. Just bad.”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on a whim because it was the only place with vacancy in Grand Lake and I didn't want to drive back to Estes Park. I was offered the trailer (read:RV) parked behind the office. No water or toilet, but hey, the pool had a toilet that was just steps away. It seemed ok, and since I was only planning on staying for about 6 hours anyway, I decided to go for it. After taxes it was a little more than $83.

I am a good sized girl (200lbs), but even I didn't expect for the bed to literally collapse under my weight when I laid down on it. Haha, how funny, I thought to myself as I pulled out the hide-a-bed couch. Unfortunately, the hide-a-bed had no support system for the now expanded section so I spent a sleepless night resigned to one half of the cushions.

If the management reads this, sorry I didn't explain how the bed got broken, but it was 5am and I just wanted to get the heck out of there. Now you know.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Kimberly M, Manager at SunSet Motel, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
I can not believe there was not a bed in all of town as it was a busy weekend and you did not make any reservations but I offered you the last bed I knew of in all of town and you broke my bed and left! and then leave a bad review? You never even saw a room.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Shawnee, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Rooms are clean. The have not been remodeled maybe recently painted.It had 80's decor, uncomfortable beds, pool closed at 8 pm, no breakfast, and No coffee in rooms or in the office except for weekends.

• Stayed July 2014

Travellers are raving about these Grand Lake hotels

Le Roy, Kansas
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My last stay here was wonderful!! Our room was nice and clean.Best Deal at Grand Lake. Very friendly.We have stayed at this motel on several different trips and have never been disappointed.
Can't wait till July for our next stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
OKC
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This place has been remodeled, new paint, bedding and landscaping. It's not the Ritz but it is clean and Michelle and Josh were great. I had a low tire and Josh had an air compressor and let me fill my tire..
Best value in Grand Lake.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank T H
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I had pulled into Grand Lake and went to check to see if the motel had any rooms for the night. The man that I talked to said yes and told me the room number and price to go look at it. After returning the lady was at the front and she rang me up after I looked at the receipt and she charged me more... way more than that man said. I asked her why it was so much more and she got very mad and rude telling me that she head him tell me that price and that he must have been wrong with his pricing. Then I asked for my money back and she got even ruder and mean, throwing the pen at me stomping around telling me that is cost money every time they use the credit card machine. I am still waiting for my full refund to be processed. I would not say here pay the extra $20 and go to the downtown area and stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank JLWRAW
Golden, Colorado
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I booked the room for two nights.I gave her a credit card to hold the room. I was told that check in time was no earlier than 4:00 pm so it was too early to check in when we arrived. I was going up to Grand Lake for the funeral of a dear family friend that has passed away. I got into town at about 1:00 and a parade was going and blocking the entrance to the town so I was a little concerned about being able to get to the 2:00 funeral. We ended up running into many friends that I have not seen for many years and as a result, did not go to check into the room until 9:30 pm. There was no key or even a note!! A man was there that told us to use room #8. The next day, I was yelled at and told that I was lucky that I still had a room!!! She said she was asleep and that i had come at 11:30 pm!!!I She said I was a no call no show. She was extremely rude and I will never go back!!!! There was no toilet paper or drinking glasses in the room. She said because I had not called, the room was not prepared for an occupant!!The next night, we left and went to the Daven Haven. That is a wonderful place. I recommend them highly!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Lisa M
Kimberly M, Manager at SunSet Motel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Sorry you had a bad experience. We strive to make everyone's stay as enjoyable as possible. Please allow us to make it up to you with a free night's stay anytime after Aug. 1st.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Lake
Daven Haven Lodge & Cabins
Daven Haven Lodge & Cabins
#12 of 20 in Grand Lake
Western Riviera Lakeside Lodging & Events

Been to SunSet Motel? Share your experiences!