“Band not able to distract from substandard food and service.”
Review of Eg's - CLOSED

Eg's
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Denver, Colorado
“Band not able to distract from substandard food and service.”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Steak overcooked (beyond well done). Staff friendly but lacked knowledge of menu and side dishes (served completely different sides than we were told). Drinks served in paper cups and silverware was "grab your own" out of dirty cup on table. Have a beer and enjoy the band but plan on eating somewhere else.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Hap L

“Long Wait to be Seated”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I were visiting Grand Lake for the first time. After a long drive we decided to try and grab a late lunch at EG's however, we waited for over 5 minutes at the please wait to be seated sign on the patio not even acknowledged by anyone. We decided to leave after customers leaving told us not to eat there because the food was bad and that we should trust the reviews. Thank you to the customers who told us to leave while we could as I now read through some of the reviews.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Grussendorf
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Need to finish their renovations”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Good, interesting food. Great blues music played on the patio. The inside of the restaurant is still in renovation mode, but we ate outside on the patio and it was fine.

Visited August 2014
colorado
“BEYOND TERRIBLE”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I annually go to Grand Lake for a one or two-night stay, as we did last weekend. After a beautiful drive over Trail Ridge Road, where we were privileged to spot elk, bighorn sheep, and a cow moose relaxing in a roadside lake, we pulled into Grand Lake, checked into our lodging, and headed to EG's -- as we often do -- for a late lunch and cocktail on their patio. To our pleasant surprise, there was very good music coming from there and we approached the door to wait for seating. "Pleasant" pretty much ended there! We waited for a full five minutes to even be acknowledged -- not all that annoying but slightly, since we were the only ones in line -- and finally the "host" came sauntering up. He glibly mutters, "Two?" We nod yes, he picks up two menus, and starts toward the back of the patio -- no apology for the wait, no "Follow me this way," certainly no "Would you like to sit and watch the band?" Nothing! He leads us to the far back corner of the patio, past several empty tables (where we could have watched the band) to a table where we could neither see or certainly hear the band well. My husband asks, with admittedly (and deservedly!) some frustration in his voice, "Could we not sit at one of the vacant tables and watch the band?" The portly pony-tailed "host" replies dryly, "Well, you can, but you'll have to go up to the bar for drink and food service." We look at each other bewilderingly and say, "Okay, I guess we can do that." We move up to another table to watch the band. My husband goes to the bar to order a cocktail and a glass of wine. He returns and we see the tables directly in front of us ordering from a waitress. My husband catches her and says, "Excuse me, but do we understand that we can't order our drinks and food from this table? She gets an immediate deer-in-the-headlight look and says, "I'm going off duty now." The host immediately comes and obviously informs her that he has told us we would get no table service there! We were stunned! When he walked away, I turned to the waitress he had talked to and apologized for putting her in an awkward position and asked if that was the owner of the restaurant. She said yes, that he was. Quite quickly we determined we would not be eating there, for who knew what the repercussions of THAT would be, but we were then determined just to sip our drinks rather slowly and listen to the excellent band, which we did until they quit playing. When we got up to leave, I approached Prince Charming and asked what possibly could have made him so immediately determined to be rude to us, for truly I wanted to know! He gave me a dead-pan stare with no response. I offered him my own rude criticism, and exited. Now as I see the Trip Advisor reviews on this joke of a business, it becomes obvious we are not the only lucky ones subject to such a poor presence at EG's...30th out of 30 restaurants smells suspiciously of someone trying to run a business in the ground for some reason.
So our trip advice is to make a very wide pass around this restaurant until this specimen is exiled to the back room to count the money, or perhaps more appropriately, sells out to run a hot dog truck on a construction site deep in the Bronx. EG's would truly be an embarrassment to any community in its current state.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank bakeboy
Muscatine, Iowa
“Food was edible.”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped here at 4 pm on a Friday. They looked like they were open, patio only. Ordered food, waiter was attentive until the food arrived, then he was nowhere to be found. The fries were warm at best, the mac n cheese was cold. We had to ask for the bill, all wait staff had disappeared inside. They all seemed confused when we came in and asked for the bill.
I would not eat here again.