“Don't bother”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed 31 August 2014

The first thing I noticed was a dirty floor, but I chose to give it a go anyway, since our options were limited. To start off, they were out of almost half of the items on the menu. Since it was off season, we let it go and ordered what was available. I ordered Chicken Marsala and it was great. The kids meals that we ordered were way overpriced and pretty boring. My husband ordered chicken lasagna and it was served cold. He sent it back to the kitchen and it came back to him screaming hot (presumably microwaved). This is the part that gets bad: my husband visited the men's room and met our waiter coming out and going about his duties. My husband tried to wash his hands, but the soap dispenser was empty. Um?? OK, that is all.

1  Thank Steadyme

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Horrible service, food and overall establishment. They were out of several things on the menu that we weren't told about until 10 minutes after ordering. Out of Bloody Mary's? Food was cold. Service was slow and never apologetic. And the Bloody they were out of still showed up on the bill. Start paying attention to the details and fix this place!

2  Thank Lca9001
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

We were hungry and stopped into this place to read the menu. The beer list was extensive, and the food all sounded great, so we decided to take a seat. First thing we noticed was that the place was oddly arranged and it was next to empty during dinner hours. Our waiter was very quiet, seemed very unhappy, and nearly non existant throughout our entire meal. On top of that, he neglected to tell us what they were out of until after we ordered something they were out of...

Don't let the beer list fool you. It's all bottles. $5 bottles. Yeah.

The food was ok... definitely not worth the price. My 14 oz steak was about 6 oz of fat, and a little overcooked. My lady's salmon caesar salad was all ice burg lettuce, small croutons, and a mushy salmon. We had to order extra dressing as it was lacking, and that seemed to annoy our waiter a bit.

Overall... $65 of nah.

2  Thank Moonsocket
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We first attended a function with drinks and small plates. The drinks were very good, but the food was off. The temperature was wrong. What should be hot, was warm, etc. So, we gave it another try. We were the only ones in the dining room and now I know why. The service was good. The waitress was doing her very best, but the food tastes like it comes out of a can. I'm sorry, but it just isn't good. The salad was yellowy, brown lettuce with tired toppings and bottled dressing. The sandwich came with tomato, even after I said that I was highly allergic and tomatoes could not be on my plate, or touch my food. This is a prime boardwalk location and it should be waiting list only, but the lack of a line should be your first clue.

2  Thank PrettyPickyDenver
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Loved the menu with the huge range of cajun and creole dishes. The dining space was less than pretty, with buckets placed around the room catching water from a badly leaking roof. Almost did not go in because it looked so bad, but very glad we gave it a shot. We had the smoked salmon with cream cheese and herbs, crab cakes and a caesar salad. Lots of food and delicious.