“Mexican food in Colorado”
Review of El Pacifico LLC

El Pacifico LLC
Ranked #24 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Lake
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Texas
“Mexican food in Colorado”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I love Mexican food! We tried Pancho and Lefty's a few years ago and didn't like it. Four years coming to Grand Lake and we've always had decent food at El Pacifico. We ate here twice during our last trip. The margaritas were a little weak but the food was good both times.

Visited June 2014

New Castle
“Basic meal”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

If you're craving Mexican food, this restaurant will do. The service was adequate as was the food but there are better restaurants in Grand Lake.

Visited June 2014
New York City, New York
“Bone in my shredded chicken enchilada.”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

You know...even after a two year hiatus from this place....my husband and I ate here over the weekend. What a mistake! I had a virgin Pina Colada, It was more of a melted Italian Ice. Had the enchilada special for $9.99. OMG! As I went to cut a piece of the shredded chicken enchilada....there was a freaking BONE IN IT! When the waitress came over...I told her. I was hoping to get a discount for the huge F'Up...but NOPE. The waitress said she'd let the cook know. Perhaps she's dating the cook because the cook never came out to apologize and not even the manager came up to me and apologized.

Even two years later...we thought this place would of changed. The Quesidillas were $8.99 for FOUR PIECES?! And that was just the CHEESE Quesidillas. Holy crap! We've avoided this place the first time we ate here and now...two years later...it's still the same garbage. For a virgin Pina Colada disaster....a boring as all Hell Quesidillias...and EXTREMELY overpriced fajitas(hardly any meat...shrimp or chicken with only 3 tortillias)with a "special" of enchiladas...it cost me nearly $54.00 bucks. Without the tip...it cost me $48.00. Disgusting...pitiful and nothing but craptastic "Mexican" food made by inept cooks.

Overpriced!!!!

• Visited March 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Very inconsistent”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Both the service and the food at this restaurant are very inconsistent. We are locals and go to El Pacifico fairly often. Sometimes, it is very good, sometimes it isn't. The salsa they put on your table can be on fire one day, and the next day, it could be used to put out a fire. Sometimes the chicken dishes have bones in them; sometimes not. Sometimes, the beef used for fajitas is very good, while other times, it is loaded with fat and grissel. Sometimes a chimichanga is good and oil free, while other times, oil pours out of it when you first cut into it.
El Pacifico has the ability to be very good. We know, because we've experienced it when it is good. But, we've also seen the dark side. Would we recommend it. Hmmmm. I think it would be better if we simply said nothing because we don't know if someone would have a good meal or a bad meal when they go there. The food quality and quantity is very inconsistent, and sometimes, the servers can be very helpful, while, at other times, you might as well get up from your table and go refill your own water!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Hunter C
“Horrific.”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Taco Bell is better. Worst meal I've ever had. The hostess was rude. I had to ask for a high chair, water and menus. The cheese enchiladas were American cheese wrapped in flour tortillas with American cheese on top. Not kidding.

• Visited September 2013