“Enormous amount of food on the buffet”
Review of Fat Cat Cafe

Fat Cat Cafe
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Lake
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Cannot comment on the menu as we ate on a Saturday and the only option is the buffet on the weekend. What an enormous amount of food - couple of egg dishes, biscuits and gravy, potatoes, cinnamon rolls, oatmeal cookies (not too sweet just like I like), bangers, corned beef - well, you get the idea. Plus, pie. Yes pie for breakfast. My husband had chocolate orange cream pie. Help yourself to coffee, tea, and/or juice, and go back as many times as you want.
Now typically I am not a buffet person because breakfast for me is a small amount of food, so buffets are not a value point for me. But at $12 and change for the buffet, if you are a big eater, you will be able to enjoy a lot of tasty food. Oh, did I mention homemade scones?
There isn't much seating, so you may be at a large table with someone next to you. We lucked out and were able to sit in a booth. The owner is very friendly and checked with us often to make sure we were doing ok. It was a good breakfast.

There are newer reviews for Fat Cat Cafe

Reviewed 22 September 2013

If you want a delicious breakfast, this is the place to go. But if it bothers you to sit close, I mean really close to the tables around you, this is not for you. We didn't have to stand in a line, service was good, the owner was hilarious! Very friendly. We went again during the week for the daily special. The place was busy but not packed. Quaint, good food, would go back the next time visiting Grand Lake.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

we had a great breakfast for the 3 of us. The only concern was the staff seemed a bit busy trying to keep up with the customers entering. Plan fir a little extra time & enjoy!

Reviewed 18 September 2013

The owner/manager/server was very friendly & extremely knowledgeable. I loved the cat theme. If you are not a cat lover, you might not appreciate it. Each table had a unique cat ornament decorating it. Breakfast was delicious, speedy, & fresh made to order. My only complaint was that the juice was from a can, and that is a small complaint. I had the salmon plate which was correctly portioned. If you are expecting gigantic portions than you may not like Fat Cat. Price was reasonable. My husband and I paid $27 for breakfast, tea, coffee, juice, & including tip. They had a decent selection of choices with lunch or breakfast served any time during their hours which are 7am - 2 pm. Their bathrooms were immaculate! There was even fine local art for sale in the rest room. I can't comment on the breakfast buffet since it wasn't available. Probably only available during weekend unless high season. Overall, I couldn't expect any more from a breakfast/lunch restaurant in Grand Lake. Bravo! Good quality place & very cute.

Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

After reading all the glowing reviews for their brunch, we went this past Sunday to check it out for ourselves. The sausages are extremely good, as well as the bacon, ham, scottish eggs, corned beef hash, eggs and green chile, and that's just the savory stuff. My mom and I loved her scones - different from other scones I've had -- a mix between a standard scone and a shortbread cookie. Very good plain with nothing on them! So many goodies, its hard to choose! Enjoy!