“Great choice for a ranch”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grant
Tumbling River Ranch
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
“Great choice for a ranch”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

When I was a child, my family visited Tumbling River Ranch twice, and had a great time. Now, almost 30 years later, I had the pleasure of bringing my family for the experience. The fact that this has remained a family operation means that many of the traditions that made it so much fun and memorable as a kid are still intact (square dance, the huge skillet of eggs scrambling over a fire pit after a morning ride, and much more). Yet, with adult eyes, we were impressed by how professionally done and comfortable everything was.

There are many great activities to choose from (my favorites are hiking and horseback rides up around treeline). The kids' programming is terrific - my daughter loved geocaching and capture the flag. She made great friends. It was the right mix of opportunities for family time and doing your own thing.

Our week at TRR was a vacation in the true sense - by the second day I had forgotten about work and responsibilities back home. By the fourth day, I swear, my dreams at night were of the most beautiful horses. We were totally immersed in the experience and the Western life for the week. Now we all miss our horses and the friendly staff, and are still wearing our cowboy boots back home. Everyone had a blast, and promised to go back someday!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank rooibos76

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I just spent a week with my family (17 in total, from ages 10 months to 75 years) at Tumbling River Ranch, and I can't speak highly enough of the whole experience. The setting was beautiful, nestled in a high mountain pass and backing up on Pike National Forest. The horses were well-mannered and a pleasure to ride. The accommodations were historic and well-kept, the food delicious and plentiful.

But the staff deserve the true accolades. My wife and I have traveled widely, and we have never visited a lodge with such uniformly excellent staff. From the wranglers to the nannies to the cooks, they understood customer service and how to turn what was already a great week into something truly special for my family and I. I can't speak highly enough of them. Hats off to Scott and Megan. Thank you Tumbling River Ranch for a truly memorable family reunion.

1 Thank Andrew H
Ridgefield, Connecticut
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

We have been to tumbling river ranch 4 times and cannot wait to return next year. We have 3 children ages ranging from 15 to 7 with different interests and they are all blissfully happy at this ranch. The riding is spectacular and is my personal favorite but there is as much to do for the non-rider - fishing, rafting, hiking, swimming. My middle child basically disappeared for the week - he was spotted helping out the wranglers, tagging along with the maintenance crew, I know he went rafting,did the overnight pack trip, he definitely turned up for meals and even showered occasionally - he was in boy heaven. The little one (7) had an equally fun time running with buddies round the ranch, riding, swimming, doing archery and enjoying the freedom of this truly special place. My eldest daughter who is a serious rider and I did all the long rides - if you visit you must do the Rosalee ride - it is stunning.
What makes this place uniquely special are the staff. The owners, Megan and Scott, will do anything they can to ensure every guest has a wonderful experience. This is also true of the young people who spend work for them. You will not find nicer kids anywhere. They are inspiring.
We are always so sad to leave. But there is always next year!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I had the pleasure of spending a week at Tumbling River Ranch with my family. The 8 of us ranged from 8 years to 73 years of age. We all agree that this was the best family vacation we have ever had. Old and young had an amazing week filled with wonderful activities, beautiful views, yummy food, adorable donkeys and awesome people. Every single person working for the ranch are top notch making us feel not like guests but like friends and family. I can’t say enough about the level of service and care you get while at the ranch. Both my children have offered to forego birthday and Christmas gifts in order for us to return to the Tumbling River next year. So in short if you want to reconnect, recharge and have a fabulous family vacation this is the place to go. God blessed my family beyond measure with the week spent at Tumbling River Ranch and we are now looking forward to returning next year.

Room Tip: All the cabins are wonderful - you need only call and they will make sure to assign you the perfect...
Los Angeles
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Second time to TRR, 8 year gap. The "enhancements" that Scott and Megan have done in that time demonstrate their commitment to the guest experience (guests actually wept at the end of the week when it was time to say goodby). The only thing that hasn't improved is the food because it was amazing 8 years ago. We are quite particular and while the menu is Ranch Fare (loads of beef), the quality and variety do not disappoint.
The staff is delightful, focused and flexible. Within a day they seem to know what your interests are and how you can take advantage of all the activities on the ranch. My Husband and Son wanted to hike the local "14er" and the Ranch made arrangements, no problem.
The setting is stunning, even in a hail storm (this is Colorado after all). A river runs through the property, along with a couple of roaming miniature donkeys, making for wonderful photo opportunities.
There are many surprises and discovery's at TRR, all of them wonderful. Hope we make it back before another 8 years go by.

1 Thank markowitz5
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 30 July 2013

For the 4th year in a row, we have gone to Tumbling River Ranch. It is a great time every year. My daughter has been going since she was 8 and there is always something for her to do. It is the one vacation that we never want to end. The food is fabulous, the cabins are luxe, the staff and hosts are fun and gracious. The friendships we make are for a lifetime. The horseback riding is amazing and the scenery is breathtaking. This is a must vacation for the family.

1 Thank travelhappy87
Mississauga
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I just spent four nights at Tumbling River with my two twenty-something daughters and we all had the best time! We rode horses every day, had wonderful meals and interacted with the friendly, helpful staff as well as the other guests. The horses were so much fun and the wranglers were very professional and knowledgeable. We even did the overnight pack trip and it was a blast! You can't beat the gorgeous location and I highly recommend Tumbling River for a wonderful family trip!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Forest cabin and it was great!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grant
Main Street Station
The Grant Motel
The Grant Motel
#1 of 1 in Grant
Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center

Been to Tumbling River Ranch? Share your experiences!