“Wonderful Dog Friendly Hotel!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Greeley

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Greeley
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Greeley
Prescott, Arizona
“Wonderful Dog Friendly Hotel!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

I just returned from a 9-day stay at Country Inn & Suites in Greeley, CO. From the moment we arrived until our departure, it was a wonderful stay! Cheyenne and Joy at the front desk were especially helpful. Anything we needed or had question about, we just asked those two. They had answers for everything!

Country Inn is very, very dog friendly. My group was attending The Australian Shepherd Club of America National Specialty Dog Show. The hotel was 75% occupied by people with Australian shepherds. I would estimate there were 150!! Everything was done to assure our stay with dogs was pleasant. There was a special large area of grass that they assured us had not been treated with any chemicals or fertilizer. Poop bags were available in may places, as well as a place to dispose of the bags. Our dogs were welcome anywhere in the hotel except the breakfast area and the pool.

Many of the dogs staying at the hotel were very successful in the dog show. Somehow, the employees at the hotel found out which dogs had won what awards, and they would post the dogs' names and awards in a display case by the front desk. The even cut out pictures of Australian shepherds, put them in the display case and put our dogs' names in big cut out gold stars! This wonderful sight welcomed us a the end of each long day. They knew our dogs and would greet them by name as we left each morning and returned each evening.

Our rooms were large and extremely comfortable. Each room had a microwave and refrigerator. All rooms had free Wi-Fi. The towels were fluffy and the beds were wonderful. I'm sure with all of the dogs a the hotel, the housekeeping staff were overworked, but at the end of each day our rooms perfectly clean and ready for our return. Each morning, we would meet for a full, delicious breakfast downstairs. Excellent!

Would I stay at Country Inn & Suites, Greeley, CO, again? You bet I would. My stay at this hotel might be the best ever. If you are ever in Greeley, stay at this great hotel. Tell them Garfield sent you!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank surfwid
jstaple1986, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Greeley, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for your review of the Country Inn & Suites Greeley, CO. My name is John Stapleton, General Manager and I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay in the Greeley area and thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites when visiting the Greeley area.

John Stapleton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sac City, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stayed here last Easter & enjoyed our stay then, therefore it was an easy choice again. Called on the drive across Nebraska to make reservations. We stayed in the room across the hall from our last stay! Nice & clean rooms. The whole motel is nice. We enjoy the free breakfast with plenty of choices hot & cold. Friendly staff. Too bad there is no exercise room on the premises. The front desk does offer a pass to a local exercise center, but it was raining so it would have been nice to just stay @ the motel.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor is nice. You can use the elevator or walk up the short flight of steps from the front...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Cathy,

Thank you for reviewing the Country Inn & Suites Greeley on Trip Advisor. My name is John Stapleton, General Manager and I am happy to hear your enjoyed your stay at the hotel and thank you for choosing to stay with us again during your visit to the Greeley area.

Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

My family and I were stranded in Greeley during the flood on 9/13/13. I reserved a room here via Kayak, and showed up about 20 minutes later. I was told that they didn't have my reservations and that all their rooms were spoken for.

That was fine - the floods were causing lots of hotels to book out and I understood. I left and got a room at the neighboring Candlewood Suites instead. When I emailed Kayak about a refund, I got a response that Joy, the front desk manager, had denied my refund because I canceled my reservation on the day of arrival.

Not only had I never canceled my reservation, I had been refused a room after the hotel booked it. I wasn't upset with the lack of a room, but I am absolutely LIVID that she is denying me a refund for a room THEY DIDN'T HAVE AVAILABLE.

Terrible, terrible service. I have stayed at this hotel before with mediocre results, but I will never be staying at a Country Inn and Suites ever again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
jstaple1986, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Greeley, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Mr. Hardy,

My name is John Stapleton, General Manager of the Country Inn & Suites Greeley, CO. I would like to first offer my deepest sympathies to you and your family during your time of need with the recent floods. I'm sorry we did not have your room and would like to discuss fully compensating you for not having a room available. Can you please call me back at the hotel my number is 970-330-3404.

LITTLETON
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

We booked this room in advance for the F&F weekend at UNC following the reviews found on Tripadvisor. Unfortunately we did not find the same level of quality as most people had noted in their reviews. Our room was dirty trash left in the trash can and on the floor. Strands of hair on several surfaces as well as a dirty smell overall in the room. The bathroom was also a bit grungy. We complained at the front desk yet the hotel was sold out and there was nothing they could do. We even tried to find a different location but had no luck due to F&F weekend at UNC. I did call the hotel after returning home and voiced my concern. The front desk stated that they were sorry and that she would put a 10% discount on my credit card. It didn't make the stay better but at least they tried to fix it. Hopefully this was a hiccup and not the way this hotel is now operating?

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
jstaple1986, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Greeley, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear value guest,
My name is John; I am the General Manager of the Country Inn & Suites. I would like to apologize for the condition you found your room upon check in. I have brought your concerns to the attention of my housekeeping manager, and we are working with our staff on correcting these items in the future. Thank you for your feedback and if you have any questions for concerns please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

Salem, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed here the first night of a road trip vacation. The inn is convenient to the highway and several chain restaurants. The staff was friendly and helpful, even offering coupons to many area restaurants. The pool and hot tub were clean and well maintained. The complementary breakfast was above standard and the iced tea, iced water and cookies in the lobby were a welcome touch.

Room Tip: Rooms are fairly standard but do include a microwave and refridgerator. Our room was on the first fl...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for around 5 months total. The people are awesome there. They really make you feel at home. Only one complaint, no bacon. The rooms at clean, the staff is nice. Pool is clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed October 2012
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Families can't go wrong with a stay at this Country Inn. We stayed only one night during our family road trip and love the extra touches with the cookies, fruit, coffee, tea, and water offered in the lobby area. The staff was friendly, the pool was great for the kids, and the free breakfast had a lot to offer for the entire family. Rooms were clean, nicely decorated, and had a microwave and fridge.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family