“Fat Albert's Still a Fave After All These Years!”

Fat Albert's Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 255 Restaurants in Greeley
Price range: US$9 - US$17
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fat Albert's Restaurant has proudly served this community since March 1, 1982. We pride ourselves in serving award-winning sandwiches and homemade foods and desserts. Our goal is to serve our products with exceptional service. My hope is that our family can show your family a memorable dining experience. -Sue
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Sue has done a great job with keeping Fat Albert's a lovely place to enjoy lunch or dinner. I frequently bring my 82 and 93 year old lady friends here for lunch. It is their favorite! The portions are so big, that we often share a meal! The staff is great about splitting our plates and doing it with a smile. The pies are the best! I love going here and highly recommend it!

Reviewed 16 September 2013

...I really do. I don't care about the decor. (I'm nostalgic, so I'm okay with it looking the same after all these years.) I care about the food and the service. The servers aren't overly happy--but not rude, so can't fault them completely. Our waitperson was, at least, attentive. Adequate. I always get the Monte Cristo--I'm not adventurous, and it's always good. The soup (potato cheese with bacon) was very good. My daughter also liked her burger this visit, and her croissant sandwich the last. We've also tried a few slices of pie--it seems the fruit pies are a little better. I've had the key lime and the chocolate cream. The crust was a little soggy on the chocolate cream--which is what happens after it's been sitting awhile. Still, not a bad pie, and you can tell they are homemade. I think my biggest problem with this Greeley "monument" is the price. My daughter's peach pie--$6.95 a slice. Mine was $5.95 a slice. There is NO pie in Greeley worth that. The two of us can't get out of this place without spending $35. It's not a fancy place--it's like a slightly nicer family restaurant. Definitely over-priced for what you're getting, and that makes me sad.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I'm afraid the old place needs an update. The mustiness now overrides the food and diminishes the fun factor.

Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

Okay, so the service wasnt the best, food is good but over priced. If you go, just order pie. One slice is worth the money. Monte cristo sandwiches are good too, ask for the dip tho or the servers will forget. Service is very hit and miss. Over all, okay but still better places in town.

Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here for lunch. The service was great. They have a nice selection of menu items. The pies are really good. We especially liked the chocolate one.