“Good luck finding a place to sit or park”
Review of J B's

J B's
Ranked #8 of 240 Restaurants in Greeley
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Reviewed 24 March 2013

It's good food, but it's just high priced greasy food like everywhere else. It's only cool because people bring out your food to your car and you can order from a phone inside. If anything, I'd say, "Go to Freddy's Steakburger." It's a bit more of a drive, but better prices and food.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

delicious burgers and shakes in an establishment right out of the 50's - the genuine experience and locally owned

Reviewed 19 January 2013

Nice old school drive up restaurant. They make Good old fashioned hamburgers made with top quality never frozen beef

Reviewed 21 October 2012

I've been to JB's a few times since living in Greeley, and it always lives up to the expectation.
Their hamburgers are delicious, fries perfectly crispy, and their root beer is to die for! Whether you get a root beer float, or just a cup... you have to have it!
Definitely come to this little joint when you are in Greeley. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Time has passed this drive-in--dine in roadhouse eatery by. Sadly, US 85 has bypassed it also. It is a couple of blocks off the current alignment of the highway. It took a little effort to find this highway memory.
Outside is nothing like the modern "Sonic" drive ins that have popped up everywhere. This is the real thing. The roof covering the parking places is simple with basic florescent lighting. I bet this place is beautiful at night with all the lights turned on. The stations were full when I got there.
One drawback is that there is no dining room parking on the property. There is limited street parking nearby; but it was being used by the church across the street from the diner. I finally parked in the grocery store lot next door.
The menu is a throwback to the drive-ins of the 1950's with today's prices of course. There are burgers, and baskets with tempting items. I decided on the three piece fish basket. The fish was cooked correctly, and had a good flavor. The fries were just right. Presentation of the basket was delightful, and brought back memories. The portions were small, and the basket was much smaller than I remember from the drive-ins of yesterday. The price paid for the basket does not reflect the value received. I will know to order two baskets next time so I don't leave hungry.
Service is what kills this down to a very good rating. Only the food and atmosphere save this from an "average" rating. Except for to bring the basket, and taking my money; no one came back to check on me. Other servers were circulating in the dining room chatting with other customers. I kept waiting for mine to come back and even offer to refill my water glass. I almost went hunting for water at one point. It made me feel left out of the general atmosphere of the dining room experience. It has been awhile... but this generated my first penny tip in many years. No matter how classy the restaurant; the penny tip is a great teaching tool for poor table service.
Yes, I would eat there again. Yes, I say try J B's while in Greeley.

2  Thank qnodmd

Been to J B's? Share your experiences!