“Not even cheap...but cheap”

Motel 6 Denver South - South Tech Center
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Greenwood Village
Windsor, CO
“Not even cheap...but cheap”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Why can't we have inexpensive hotels that at least keep to their promise. Not clean, no internet, not nice. My husband was so disgusted, he went across the street to see if the Quality Inn had rooms (no such luck). I don't care what you pay for a room, make it clean and nice or be the brunt of my rant on Tripadvisor. We have stayed so many places like this that really care for their discounted rooms and we will continue to stay there. Not here. Nope. You shouldn't either.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

To read more read my review (Dashuri) for the Motel 6 in Lakewood Colorado. The lady here really saved my evening after crummy service by one disinterested young man in Lakewood. Awesome service at Greenwood Village location. Cleaner more modern comfy and safer here too. Check out my review at other location to learn more. A± service from Carla!

• Stayed April 2014
Lone Tree, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

My wife, puppies, and I needed somewhere to stay for two weeks between selling our old home and closing on our new one. Due to cost, we made the mistake of choosing Motel 6.

The location is excellent, right off the highway and the staff is very nice and helpful when they can. That sums up the good things about this motel. It seems as though the owner just cashes the checks and that's it. The rooms have not been updated since the 90s. That includes the tvs. The owner is absolutely fine with fraudulent advertising. The website and multiple publications claim that all rooms are "modernized" with a 32" lcd tv with av hookups. That is a blatant lie. As it turns out, only a few rooms, the king rooms that cost more, have the aforementioned tvs. All of the others have a Magnavox tube tv that was considered cheap and low quality when it was made in 1996. The picture looks like someone turned the brightness down and the red contrast way up. The staff gets many complaints about the tvs, but are powerless to do anything. The owner did a great job throwing them under the bus. The entire place has a weird, slightly disgusting odor about it and my wife and I didn't feel comfortable the entire time. The bathrooms are in terrible need of renovating, I think I saw mold growing, and the rooms need to be brought into this century. It is as if the owner really does not care and sets his staff up to fail. To cap it off the internet is terrible and rarely works. All in all, I would recommend staying anywhere else if one is in the DTC.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LTKiwi

Travellers are raving about these Greenwood Village hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

First off I want to say that the general manager(Amar) is always very nice and helpful.. I have been staying here for several months and never had any issues, I work all the time and come back to watch tv for a little bit and go to sleep.. I've had several issues with the night clerk being very rude and disrespectful for no apparent reason, her name is Carla...I picked up my mail from the front desk one day, two days later I was doing laundry and Carla came into the laundry room and threw my mail at me, she proceeds to yell at me saying I need to check my mail more often because it had been clogging up space in the front desk for over two weeks, funny since I just picked up my two letters and everything she threw on the floor was postmarked from the day before..another day I wad getting a drink from the soda machine and Carla comes in and starts.yelling at me for doing laundry too late( I was getting a drink and had no laundry in)...today she crossed the line, for lengthy stays your room gets cleaned on tues and Friday, after working 12 hrs today I come back to my room which was not clean, three towels and a bar of soap were dropped off, floor weren't done, sink wasn't cleaned, tub wasn't cleaned,.sheets.weren't changed this past Friday or today and we didn't get toilet paper. I went to the front desk to kindly ask Carla for some sheets, she rudely replied, you dont need sheets cause your room was.cleaned today..I replied,.saying it wasnt cleaned, there was three towels and bar of soap dropped of but nothing was cleaned... she called me a liar and told me to come back later if I wanted more sheets because I received them when my room was clesned today, my girlfriend said they dropped off towels and left our dirty sheets on the floor, Carla says if you dont leave the office I will call the police, meanwhile someone in the office comes out with a fresh pair of sheets for us and apologizes for Carla's attitude...I will be giving her a review on every travel website, writing corporate, and speaking with the.General manager in the morning...just.cause she.hates herlife doesn't mean she has to ruin my day, if you hate your job Carla get a new one...Very upset about the way I've been treated

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank garcia00
Denver, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

The girl at the front desk was awesome! Everything else stunk. Literally it smelled. The rooms were dirty. Toilet flushed out of the bowl. The place was down right NASTY!
The towels had disgusting stains on them. YUCK!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

The hotel is located right off the highway which is good. There are several hotels within a block with a Hampton Located directly next door. I checked-in and the rate was 49.99 plus tax = 55.16 which for a Motel 6 is high (I travelled across the US for 7 weeks thus needed to stay relatively on a budget). The woman at check-in was extremely nice and was a seamless process. There is a one-way road next to the hotel which is VERY elusive in terms of signage. A cop pulled me over for going down it, as they should, but told that MANY people do the same thing as the signage is not transparent....no ticket for it which was good.

The room itself was very bare bones but relatively clean. Some of the furniture was worn and the bed was extremely uncomfortable. There was a pool out back but it was closed for the season.

Pros: location, service, internet speed/access (although 3.00 extra), hardwood floors

Cons: beds, furniture upkeep

Room Tip: No suggestions.