“My home away from home.”

Residence Inn Denver Tech Center
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Greenwood Village
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My stay started well over a year ago and I have come to consider some of the staff as part of my extended family. I start my day very early and know that when I come to the gate house for breakfast that I will see Wes and Aaron greeting me with a smile and Amelia always has a wonderful breakfast prepared for which I can choose from. As I leave for the day of working I'm always told to have a good day. Sound familiar yet? The Residence Inn has what they call happy hour, from 6-7:30 pm which consist of beverages, and different foods Monday through Thursday. I generally work late hours and normally come in late. Monet and Re who regularly work evenings will send me a text asking if I would like them to save me some food. This is wonderful, for I get caught up in work and forget that I can just call the Inn and ask them to save me some something to eat for the evening. I come home, (the inn), after working a long day and know that Laura, (Long wavey blond haired young lady), Monet, Yesenia and Re will greet me with "How was your day?". Now do you have the idea? Pedro, Edgar and Gabrielle make sure that all is maintained and are always helpful. I've stayed at many hotels, inn, motels, etc. But the stay here at the Residence Inn has topped all of my expectations. Walking distance to restaurants, shopping and entertainment, clean rooms, great food and wonderful staff can't be beat!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Wesley B, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Thank you so much for you wonderful comments about the property and staff. I will certainly share your comments with everyone. It is serving great loyal customers like yourself that make this job so rewarding.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

I admit, I tend to favor Marriot’s Residence Inns over most brands because they are consistently above average for room condition, amenities and service. So, I went into my three week stay here with a feeling that it would be a good place. Although there were some ups and downs, I learned after three weeks that the friendliness of the staff, their experience working with business travelers, and the condition and amenities here make this Residence Inn is perfect for extended stays.

Here are my rants first, then the raves....

First, the buildings each contain four units, and two of the four units in each building face the parking lot. When I first arrived, my room was ground floor and about twenty feet from parking spaces, and the sliding glass door next to the bed opened to a view of parked cars. If you stay here for an extended time, take my advice and ask for a room in the back of the units, particularly if you are at ground level.

Second, the hotel shuttle. The service only operates within a short distance and only operates on weekdays from about 8 to 6, (be sure to see comments below in “thumbs up”). So, if you are out early and can’t return until late, or if you plan on shopping on weekends, you will be out of luck for a shuttle. However, the hotel next to a strip mall with a convenience store, organic grocery, big box office, and liquor stores, as well as multiple fast food, dry cleaning and hair places; all are next door and within a very short walking distance to the hotel. You only need the shuttle if you want to shop at mega grocery or big box stores or to do extensive shopping at the mall. You can get to the mall, and everywhere else, via the light rail two short blocks away, but plan on taking a cab for sight seeing and bulk buying in off hours and weekends.

Third, the pool towels are kept in identical black garbage cans. Since the dirty towels are in the same type container as the clean towels, and next to each other, it is almost impossible to know which towels are dirty and which are clean, and to expect guests to keep them separate. Plan on taking your own towel from your room unless you ask and receive clean towels from an attendant. Put simply, they need to change the way pool towels are stored. Other than that, the pool and patio areas re really well maintained and in good condition.

Fourth, my only complaint about my room was during the last two days. The workers had performed painting prep work and left splintered wood and a used scraping blade on the patio for me to come home to. I am sure it would have been cleaned if I had reported it.

Now for the “Thumbs Up”… the staff and the room was excellent here.
When I saw my first room assignment, I asked to transfer to a more secluded unit. Aaron L. was working the front counter and quickly set about to reassign me. He gave me the key to another room and it turned out to be perfect for me. It faced the back and had a small patio. From that moment on, Aaron, and the rest of the staff, did everything to accommodate my requests during my stay without the slightest push back. They simply restated what I wanted, and made sure I had it. For example, extra beverages and meal items in the morning and evening happy hour. For example, James the shuttle driver took me and others to mega stores and the mall and waited for us, even if it meant we didn’t get back until 6:45. With my schedule and practical demands, Aaron and James made the whole experience during my stay comfortable, convenient and enjoyable. This sense of service is what defines “business class”.

Since I was there with fellow colleagues, I saw many different rooms. All of us agreed that maid service each day was nice, although we differed in the extent and degree that the cleaning was performed. I am usually very picky, and I outlined clearly what I expected and never had a problem. It was nice to come home to a cleaned, prepared room every night. The rooms are spacious, the bed was comfortable and the full size kitchen properly stocked with everything I needed to cook for my stay there. I especially liked the amount of electrical plug-ins spread throughout the room for working, and the hotel wi fi was great during off peak times, but bogged down a little during peak evening time.

This hotel was fantastic for the type of stay and my expectations for service, cleanliness, and amenities!

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a unit at the back of buildings. Bring a back pack with rollers for short shop...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank sundaddydo
Wesley B, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out a survey for our hotel. We want to thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. We will pass on your comments to all our staff.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Jamie and Kasey are amazing, helpful, caring and considerate. While the hotel itself was in need of some TLC in spite of being updated in the past two years, the staff more than made up for it. We need more folks with superior customer service skills like Jamie and Kasey in the hotel industry

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Wesley B, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor survey. We appreciate you business and will share your comments with our staff. We will definitely recognize Kasey and Jamie for being mentioned in your survey.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

We stayed at Residence Inn Denver Tech for 6 weeks last summer, and we really loved it. The amenities were great, and our nice, spacious and clean apartement was great. The staff were friendly and helpful. We recomend this place to everyone who wants to visit Denver (you can easily reach the city center by train or by car) and the beautiful state of Colorado.
We hope to go back to Residence Inn next year!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Wesley B, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our property. We truly appreciate you taking the time to fill out a survey and will pass on your comments to all the staff. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to 'Denver.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

I recently spent a few weeks at the Denver Tech Centre Residence Inn and had a great stay. While the place is relatively old and dated in areas, the rooms are quite spacious and the location is extremely convenient when working in the tech centre area. Additionally, it is really close to a light rail station with easy access to the city and nearby mall.
Aaron and James also made me feel very welcome all the time and they were always happy to go above and beyond to help out.

Thanks to all the staff there - see you again another time.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Wesley B, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out a survey for our property. We certainly appreciate your feedback and your business. Hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

After 'living' at this property for 2 wks/month for 3 years, it was nice to return and see everyone I had gotten to know. As before, I felt safe and secure. Studio Room was clean and quite spacious. Morning breakfast came in handy when running out the door to attend meetings. Had a new appreciation for everything within walking distance: Light Rail, eating places, grocery store next door, Starbucks (!) and so on. Looking forward to next stay.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back of the property face a parking garage structure that is quiet at night. Rooms...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Wesley B, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

It is always a pleasure to have you at our property and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks for taking the time to fill out a trip advisor survey. I will certainly share your comments with all our staff.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Nicely located hotel, with reasonable infrastructure and prices, but with a non-sense "practical policy": housekeeping is done by 10 am, so if you do not get out early, your room will be untouched.
Been there last week (May 13th to 18th) in a leisure trip, "discovered" this practice. Probably a very good approach to casual business clients, but a very inconvenient one for clients on leisure travel.
All in all, it was a good apprenticeship to carefully select where to stay, even when information is not ready.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Louisianan_at_Miami
Wesley B, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our Trip Advisor survey. We sincerely apologize for the issue with our housekeeping cleaning service and will ensure that we address this issue with the housekeeping team. We hope that we will have another opportunity to serve you again in the near future and provide the services you expect when staying at a Marriott property.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwood Village
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Village/Denver Tech
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Vil...
#2 of 15 in Greenwood Village
1 mi away
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denve...
#4 of 15 in Greenwood Village
Courtyard Denver Tech Center
Courtyard Denver Tech Center
#6 of 15 in Greenwood Village
Best Western Plus Denver Tech Center Hotel
Best Western Plus Denver Tech Ce...
#3 of 15 in Greenwood Village
Hampton Inn Denver Tech Center South
Denver Marriott Tech Center

Been to Residence Inn Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!