“Great Staff!!!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Greenwood Village
Reviewed 1 July 2012

The staff was extremely friendly and accomadating, from the front desk to the house keeping. Room was very nice and grounds are great. Kids loved the pool. Breakfast area was very spacious and nice.

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center

Reviewed 27 June 2012

This is one place I can highly recommend! From walking in the door upon arrival to departure, one could not ask for more. Very friendly, clean and a good value.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Denton, Texas, USA
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My wife and I were there on a short trip to pick up a new Samoyed puppy. My wife's hobby is showing dogs in conformation and obedience. Over the years I've stayed in a great many hotels, and this one is at the top of my list. The staff is very is great and goes out of their way to accommodate your needs. Thanks Denver Tech Center LaQ.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

First thing folks should know is that there is ANOTHER LaQuinta literally within sight of this one (it's address is on Arapahoe Rd.) THIS one is 2-3 blocks behind a large Target store, and within a green, tree-lined business park area, much nicer than the other.

Look, I happen to like the nicer newer La Quintas, so if you disagree with me there, we'll part ways. I've found over and over that the newer La Quinta will always offer an upscale stay compared to the budget "Inn & Suites" lines, and ALWAYS at a comparable or better rate - even at the counter. (I have stayed at a couple of older La Quintas, or those downgraded from upper lines, that were dogs. Las Vegas/North and Carpenteria, CA in particular.)

So, this is a newer (or at least recently "freshened") LaQuinta, and they easily beat out the rates of virtually everyone around them, and on into nearer downtown. I actually had business in the Cherry Creek area, and had hoped to stay in that area, but this LaQuinta was so close to the freeway that I could hop on it and be there in about 5-6 minutes.

A big attraction for ALL LaQuintas is that they accept pets. And just like in public, some pet owners are idiots, and some are considerate, caring owners. I happen to be the latter, and La Quinta could not guarantee that I would not come across the former. But the staff DOES seem to recognize the difference, and so seems to shuttle the idiots to one side of one floor, so you're only aware of the miserable, howling yapping dogs if you happen to go down that hall.

The staff was the first I've had in a while that actually took seriously my request for a quiet room, and I didn't even have to tell them to avoid the stairs, the elevator lobby and the room next to the housekeeping station for each floor. They gave me a gorgeous, well-appointed room that was quiet as a tomb, even at 8-9am - exactly as I like it. I heard not a sound from my neighbors at any time, or the folks upstairs or down - and I know the place was sold-out, or all-but-sold-out during at least two nights of my stays. The construction was solid. I was NOT aware of every time a neighbor left their room, or turned on a shower, or watched TV, etc.

The staff was especially helpful, with call-out kudos to Joe and to Jennifer/Jessica. (I kept mixing up her name, but that's only because that's how I get around drop dead gorgeous women who are ALSO being very nice to me.) From directions, to recommendations, to offering me unsolicited upgrades, they simply could not have done anything else to equal 5-star service.

In my room, the linens were perfect, the equipment all worked, the place was clean and modern. What else could I ask for?

I booked my first stay via Expedia, but when I returned two times later - once for a week - they gave me the same low rate. So I got a great price, and they got to keep the slice that typically goes to Expedia.

The interior grounds courtyard is very nice, and well kept, as is the case with the grass and landscaping all around. Walk the grounds after dark to see all the bunnies. OK, rabbits. I'm sure they drive the gardeners nuts, because at night they are EVERYWHERE.

Across the parking lot is an IHOP, a positive for some, a drawback for others.

Unlike most La Quintas, this one offers room service, though I never used it.

Drawbacks? There were only two that kept this from being a stellar, perfect hotel. For reasons I could never figure out, during the day they disable the systems that keep the exterior doors in the back and the sides of the building locked to everyone but guests. While I was there, it was done with rocks in the door, tape on the locks, a sheet stuck in the doorway, etc. It looks terrible, and dramatically reduces the security. There are also two doors with the locks permanently broken - day and night. In my 3 stays over the course of a month there was never any change. Second, there is ONE elevator in the back half of the building. And it's bad enough when kids play with it, or the check-out crowd ties it up in the morning. But the staff locking it down so they wouldn't have to call it again and wait after handling a chore on a floor was inexcusable.

Oh, unrelated to the hotel, STAY AWAY from the "3 Margaritas" Mexican Restaurant two blocks away. Absolutely dreadful food. Really awful, and the staff there could not care less.

Room Tip: Head for a corner room in the back, 2nd floor or higher
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Denver, Colorado, USA
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I was extremely impressed with this hotel. The employees were friendly and knowledgeable. It was clean and convenient. It was great for my dogs. The pool and hot tub were very nice and clean as well. The free breakfast had lots of choices and was good. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A La Quinta traveler
Perkins, Oklahoma, USA
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Reviewed 30 May 2012

I have stayed at this La Quinta a number of times because it's close to my relatives' home and takes dogs. This trip was a huge disappointment, though. We left the room by 9 a.m. and returned around 3:30 to find that it hadn't been cleaned. I called the front desk and the man who answered said, "I'll look into it." When we hadn't heard anything by 4:30, I called again and was told, "Housekeeping is gone but we'll figure it out." We left for dinner and came back around midnight, and the room still had not been touched. I called again and asked that someone at least bring us fresh towels. Someone brought us a few bath towels (no washcloths or hand towels, though). Meanwhile, we also never got the wifi to work in the room.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwood Village
Best Western Plus Denver Tech Center Hotel
Best Western Plus Denver Tech Ce...
#2 of 14 in Greenwood Village
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Englewood Tech Ctr
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver En...
#8 of 14 in Greenwood Village
Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hotel
Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hote...
#6 of 14 in Greenwood Village
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
Sleep Inn Denver Tech Center
Sleep Inn Denver Tech Center
#7 of 14 in Greenwood Village
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Village/Denver Tech
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Vil...
#1 of 14 in Greenwood Village

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!