“If you are a minority, be careful!”

Best Western Plus Denver Tech Center Hotel
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Greenwood Village
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Me and my best friend since middle school went to this location and it was BEAUTIFUL. The decorations were nice, the breakfast was decent, and the room was awesome especially for the price. However, we were on the 5th floor and you could smell marijuana in the hallway. It didn't matter to us, somebody was having fun. The downfall? Being watched like if we didn't belong or were going to steal something! We are both African American and we were definitely not welcomed. Then upon checking out, we had prepaid so we left only to find out they decided to charge us $300 extra! When I called to ask why, the general manager Patty was arrogant and said we were smoking in the room. From someone who doesn't smoke and doesn't even like the smell of smoke I just knew she made a mistake. Long story short, she stuck by her mistake and overdrew my account then I was told there is nothing I can do about it. So, the quality of the hotel goes away when you get robbed for $300. Will not ever stay in another best western in my life nor recommend it to anyone... especially this one.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
9  Thank Angelique O
Patty W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denver Tech Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the difficulties you encountered during your recent stay. Your input is always welcome and appreciated.

We apologize that your experience was not what you expected from The Best Western, however we do take our smoking policy very seriously.

Patty Walsh

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Very good except no pool nor hot tub. Internet rate applied and weekly rate applied to original days but not to the two days extended because of weather. Not much else I can say. Just trying to get in two hundred characters.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MotelChecker
Patty W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denver Tech Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thanks for the review. Our outdoor pool has been open since May 9th however with the Colorado weather it really has not been swimming weather. I hope that you do try us again.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Nice enough for a regular Best Western, but not a plus. A Keuring coffee pot and fireplace in the lobby just aren't enough. Our bed was very saggy and totally uncomfortable. The other guests on the fifth floor were smoking heavily and the staff never stopped it on our 3 day stay. I will never stay here again, nor recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank pas719
Patty W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denver Tech Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

I'm sorry you had such a bad stay, I wish you would have stopped down to the front desk so we could have changed rooms.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We checked in and got to our room to find ants in the bathroom,called the front desk and they gave us a new room.Nice Hotel good breakfast!Very good location easy on and off of Interstate,lots of shopping and food close by.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Thomas W
Patty W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denver Tech Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

I am sorry you had problems with your first room and happy that the second was perfect. Hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed 2 nights for business. Room was quiet and clean. Liked being able to leave the hvac unit fan on all night for background noise. Also liked the remote controls that were especially designed to be easy to clean and disinfect. Fitness center was decent, as was breakfast. Free wifi worked well for Netflix.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am glad we exceeded all your expectations. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The desk staff were outstanding, very helpful about recommending a place to eat.The room was clean and did not smell, quite comfortable. The hallways were dirty and I have had better breakfasts. Located close to a number of restaurants and close to I-25.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Patty W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denver Tech Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

I'm sorry the hallways were dirty. I will speak with the Housekeeping department about them. I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of the hotel.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

As a business traveler, I have high expectations of hotel properties. This particular property exceeded all my expectations. The property is very clean, the rooms are modern, comfortable and exceptionally clean. The staff is devoted to providing outstanding customer service. I will be returning to this property for all future business travel in Colorado.

1  Thank Charyn U

Thanks for the great compliment, I'm glad we exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwood Village
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Te...
#7 of 15 in Greenwood Village
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Village/Denver Tech
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Vil...
#2 of 15 in Greenwood Village
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Englewood Tech Ctr
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver En...
#9 of 15 in Greenwood Village
2 mi away
Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center
Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center
#1 of 15 in Greenwood Village

Been to Best Western Plus Denver Tech Center Hotel? Share your experiences!