“Good Hotel”

Best Western Plus Denver Tech Center Hotel
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Greenwood Village
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Had a great stay at this hotel for 4 days while we were visiting Denver. The room was very clean and well maintained. Room had refrigerator, microwave, TV, etc. AC worked fine. Hot water in the shower with good pressure. Wifi is free and fast! We didn't get a chance to try the pool out because of rainy weather. Breakfast was good and had eggs, sausages, etc. in addition to the usual stuff. Exercise room was great and I used it three times while I was there. Laundry is in the basement and we used it once during our stay. Two elevators next to the lobby to get to your floor. I didn't hear any sounds from the adjacent rooms or above or below. So was pretty quiet. So can definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jac2005
Patty W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denver Tech Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you very much for the excellent review. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We got this hotel on a Priceline bid. A hold was put on my debit card for $25 for incidentals, and I was told that it would go away upon check out. However, that was not true, because my bank tells me it isn't scheduled to be released until three days after it was placed. And really, what am I going to purchase at this hotel for $25? There is no restaurant and wifi is free. In any event, the room was very nice with comfortable beds and a large bathroom. The breakfast was fine, except that it was so crowded that there were no tables left and the food was not being replaced in a timely manner. This hotel must have been a different property previously, because the nice interior does not match the outside, the fact that it has an outdoor rather than an indoor pool, and the weird connecting door in the room. I'd stay here again if it was cheap enough, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stefanie H
Patty W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denver Tech Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

I am sorry no one told you we place a $25.00 hold on every ones credit card for their stay. If it is a debt card it may take a little longer to return it from the bank. Please call the hotel if the money has not been returned to your card and we can call the bank for you.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Although this hotel is an half hour drive from the airport, it is worth it. I wanted to stay somewhere reasonably inexpensive but near the Highways to get into the city and then leave the city for a road trip. This place was just right. There is a supermarket located over the road, places to eat nearby as well as conveniently located gas stations.

The hotel itself is a basic chain design, however, it is modern, clean, well maintained with courteous, friendly and helpful staff, well at least the young lad who checked me in was, I can't speak for the experience of others. The room was large with an enormous bed, great TV, large modern bathroom and good aircon.

I have to say that breakfast buffets can be very hit and miss. This was a hit. There was a good selection of cereals, juice, pastries and bread for toasting etc. You could make your own waffles, and have some cooked items. One day someone will discover how to keep eggs warm without turning them into an alternative material for making tyres, but in the meantime, we will continue to meet rubbery eggs wherever we travel. That is my only criticism.

Coffee was good too!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank LNT66

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Sorry the eggs, hopefully we will see you again.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

When we arrived the key card they gave us would not open our room. My wife went down and one of the front desk staff came up to try the key himself, but he could not open the door either. Later in our trip we wanted to use the business center but our key would not open the door. We once again had to get the help of the front desk, but they could not open the door with their master key card and they didn't have regular key to open the door. We were talking to someone in the elevator who had been staying for a week at this hotel and they said that they had also had a lot of problems with the key cards here. Also, one night it started to rain and the window in our room started to leak. When my wife went down to tell the staff about it all they did was give her a couple of towels so that we could clean the mess ourselves. We were not impressed with this hotel and I don't think I would return again unless the price was MUCH cheaper than other hotels.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank trvlbug99

I am sorry you had problems with the keys, please try us again.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

The staff is comprised of complete morons here. Aside from all the amenities that the room provided, when dealing just on the aspect of customer service this hotel completely needs restaffing as far as management is concerned. When faced with a problem rather then using tact and politeness this woman who claimed to be a general manager was disrespectful, accusatory, and rude. The way she spoke had an heir of idiocracy about here, as though she was uneducated and needs retraining in her customer service abilities. The only thing this woman could manage was to piss off an already irate customer then continue to harrass us afterward. This is all after being bothered by cleaning service four times that day, two of which they didn't knock, they just barged into the room which at anytime I could have been in dispose. Overall, it's just despicable, sketchy characters who do not trust with my services. Not do I trust them with managing a hotel properly. Find a better hotel. If you face any issues here all you will be met with is a snarky attitude and a power trip.

• Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank Sonja A
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Supposed to be dog friendly but $20 surcharge added to our bill. Nowhere on web site was this listed. Also $25 dep against vending machines withheld on our cc. When I questioned the gen'l manager she got snotty. Very disappointed with Best Western.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Linda V
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Room was immaculate, comfortable and attractive. Provided everything we needed for a pleasant stay. I find that most hotel beds are either hard as rocks or overly soft and I toss and turn all night. We stayed 2 nights and I slept great both nights. Staff were friendly and accommadating. The free breakfast was extensive and very good. They had cereals, muffins, bagels, toast, eggs, sausage, bacon, a waffle maker, fruit, yogurt, biscuits, juice, coffee and on and on. It was great and I would definately stay here again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Patty W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denver Tech Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and we will see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwood Village
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Te...
#7 of 15 in Greenwood Village
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denve...
#4 of 15 in Greenwood Village
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Village/Denver Tech
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Vil...
#2 of 15 in Greenwood Village
Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hotel
Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hote...
#5 of 15 in Greenwood Village
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
Comfort Suites Denver Tech Center

Been to Best Western Plus Denver Tech Center Hotel? Share your experiences!