“WHAT A DISSAPOINTMENT !”

Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Greenwood Village
Fort Collins, Colorado
“WHAT A DISSAPOINTMENT !”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Last year, I stayed here several times, with horrible stays, but I tried to give them a break because they would always give me a huge discount for my problems. It seemed they were trying, but there must be a really bad work force pool to draw from in this area. How could they continue to hire people so inept. I gave them a good review once because with the discounts it was a good deal. I can deal with problems if my rates are cut in half, but in some kind of socialism economics, when they started construction work they actually raised the rates. So now you have constant noise, marijuana smoke flowing through the vents, " there is a reason they call it skunk weed ! and "the normal horrible service, I could not take it any more. I have not stayed there in a long time, and I will not until they make major changes. I guess in Denver, it is a sellers market, because you can do everything wrong and still have people stay in your hotel. I have a feeling infrequent travelers rarely read trip advisor. This is good for EXTENDED STAY.

Room Tip: Second floor, first floor rooms have noise from the people above walking.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank closerguy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed 30 June 2014

No one was available at check in, even though the laundry room door (is always) was open. There was no bell to ring. There was only a piece of paper saying they would be back momentarily. There was a phone to call 0 to get help, but who was I talking to? There was no one in the office?! I stood around foe 10 minutes before I tried the phone. I got someone who sounded very distant and unconcerned, very vague about how the desk person would be notified. I waited another 5 minutes or more when more people began showing up to check in. Another lady tried calling the 0 number and the person on the other end said it would be soon, someone was on their way. Another patron spoke up and said "they have to multitask" , what does this mean, the receptionist also has to clean the rooms?! The girl, who I don't blame, showed up finally apologizing. I was checking in first,which she did. I had reserved a non-smoking room on the first floor. I had called the day before just to make I was getting what I had asked for and was told yes, that was what was reserved. I asked this girl if this was a ground floor room when she explained where to find my room and she said no, there were no rooms like that left. I was very upset because my son would be having surgery while we were there, so it was essential! I said I would have to take a room in the smoking section or handicapped room. She gave me one that was both......what a mistake. This side of the building is disgusting. Loud families, smoking everywhere, so much chalk drawing on the ground I couldn't see the handicap sign on the parking space, kids rolling around on rollerblades outside and upstairs! The room reeks of smoke. There were no bath rug towels toe seen. There was no bedding for the sofa bed. The tv/ drawers had to be moved around quite a bit to accomidate the sofa bed. The 'fully stocked' kitchen lacked paper towels, an oven, more than two of each silver ware, ANY pots, pans, or skillets! No coffee maker??!! Seriously, ALL rooms have one!! So, I had to go retrieve all these things myself, not wanting to wait on inefficiency of taking away the receptionist! I stood in the lobby for 10-15 minutes while the same girl had to go in the laundry room and clean two pans to give me. Then she had to show me the 'stain' on one of the pans. Back in the room, one kitchen drawer was semi-stuck, when I pulled it open, there were old chips scattered around....like it had never been cleaned! One of the forks was dirty, made me not want to use any of it! The breakfast was pitiful! Coffee, oatmeal you could make,a handful of wrapped granola bars, and three oranges (one day there was no fruit!).....very misleading if you look on the website! Gym had one treadmill, one bike....wow. I asked if I needed to do anything special to check out and felt like I was being a bother....this woman seemed like the manager, didn't ask how my stay was...very disappointing! Will never go back! Should not be charging $89 a night! Been in $40 hotels that were better! 0 stars

Room Tip: Nice restaurant next door! Too bad these rooms aren't nicer, they could bring in people from the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

There was toothpaste on the sink & mirror. The table/counter was sticky. The sheets didn't look clean. The room smelled of stale smoke & air freshener. The other guests were more like residents living at the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Eric O
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I travel a lot for my sales job. A co-worker suggested this option. Upon check in, the lady was very nice. Could not help but notice the converted hotel room to the left of the checkin counter. Wide open, with treadmill and stepper. TV and vending machines all together in same room for everyone to see you working out while the check in.

Upon climbing the stairs to my room, I had to walk right past a huge pile of trash. Not sure why it was still sitting there at 10pm.

Opened the door to my room, and whoaaaaa, the cigarette smoke smell almost knocked me over. Horrible horrible horrible smell. And it never subsided. Every time the air conditioner started up, it made it even worse. Hard a hard time sleeping with that smell.

Room was dated and worn. There was a TV but no remote control for it. I called the front desk. She said it would be in the side table drawer. It wasn't. I looked everywhere. No remote and no offer from front desk to get me a remote.

Walls must be thin. I could hear a man next door singing and speaking very loudly with middle eastern accent. This went on almost all night. Again making it very hard to sleep.

No shampoo. Only one wash cloth in the bathroom.

Upon checkout, the clerk did not understand how CLC worked. He had to call the manager twice.

When I met up with one of my co-workers, he said he had to sleep in the vinyl chair all night because he found bed bugs under his pillow and would not touch the bed. He took picture of his findings for complaint. OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!! ARE you kidding me......

Have never been so disgusted. Gave my travel agent the nix for this place. Remove them from your options.

There are shady looking people all over the place. Morning and night.

Run away from this place. Would expect better in the tech area.

Starting to see a trend. Stopped in one of these places in No KC last week and it also had an 'under construction' sign and 'help wanted' out front. After walking in that front door, left immediately.

Low price is NOT worth it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Denver Marriott Tech Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Tech Center
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denve...
#3 of 14 in Greenwood Village

Been to Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North? Share your experiences!