All reviews club floor concierge floor tech center decent location room was clean buffet breakfast starbucks coffee bit dated business travel rooms are large top floor great business hot water nice property spg denver barista
Reviewed 29 September 2018

Love it because its price is competitive against other chain hotel in surrounding. Club floor level has breakfast and evening snack for free. The only complaint I have is the bedding. The quilt is too thick. In the end it is hard for me to adjust the room tempareture. If I don't set it too low, I will be sweating and waking up in midnight. However, if I set it to good tempareture which can let me sleep through but it will be freezing when I wake up next morning.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

My flight was terribly delayed, meaning I didn't check in until about 3:30a - meaning the overnight front desk had to update my check-in as the computer thought I was a "no-show." Ok, no problem. All set with a room, two nights. Everything went downhill from there.

Woke up, got ready, headed out from about noon - 5p. Got back to a still dirty room. Called downstairs, no answer. Twice. (Customer service tip: answer the phone, apologize and ask the guest to hold briefly.)

Went down to talk to the front desk in person. Explained the sitch. "Oh, ok. Lemme check." That's. It. (Customer service tip: empathy. "Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that. Let me check in with housekeeping and get them up there right away. In the meantime, please enjoy a drink in the bar and I'll come let you know when the room is ready, shouldn't be more than 20 minutes.")

I took myself to the bar, informing the dumbstruck front desk agent that they'd be buying me a glass of wine for the trouble and to please let me know when the room was ready.

45 minutes later, no one had come to find me.

I waited in line AGAIN at the front desk; gentleman who assume is the manager said, "Oh, yes...it looks like you checked in at about 3am, so the system thinks it didn't need to be cleaned."

(WRONG RESPONSE. Customer service tip: "Oh yes, I'm really sorry about that confusion, my colleague overnight made an error in the notes about your stay resulting in a miscommunication. Thank you for bringing it to our attention, it's now been cleaned and we hope you enjoyed your glass of wine. Thank you for staying with us, let us know if there's anything else you need.")

I admit, I snapped. THIS is what passes as customer service!? "I don't care why," I said, "I just want it clean. I'll go upstairs and check."

Seriously, the worst hospitality service I can imagine. Totally disappointed.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Gina A, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Dear Lisa T:

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I apologize that you experienced several issues and that we didn't solve your issues in a prompt and professional manner. I have shared your response with our team and we will correct are follow up in order to provide excellent customer service. Again, I'm very sorry for your disappointing experience and please feel free to give me a call if you would like to discuss this matter further.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

When pulling into the hotel we noticed there were no parking spots to park in just to unload. So we parked at the entrance area and went to check in. The 2 people in front of us were also trying to find parking. The desk clerk was asked about parking and all of us were told there would be no available parking until 11 pm when the event ended she then said we could park at another hotel. She then went to an office and come back and said we could park across the street. We all thought she was talking about across the interstate and we asked how we got back to the hotel which she couldn’t answer another hotel guest came in and observed the problem with the desk clerk and told us the parking was down the hill about 300 hundred steps away not across the interstate. A sign pointing to the overflow parking would be really helpful or letting the desk clerks know where the over flow parking is would be great. The parking lot in general is very dark. Otherwise the room was ok. The shower area was small.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gina A, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2018

Hello- Kenmarsam-

I'm very sorry that parking was an issue when you checked in. Thank you for the suggestion of a sign showing where the over flow parking is located. We will also make sure the front desk is able to explain where the over flow parking is located to avoid confusion.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope if you are in the Denver Tech Center area again you will give us another opportunity.

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

I would NOT recommend this hotel!
The first sign of problems was one elevator being out - this left one working elevator to service all ten floors. Too much time waiting for the elevator and once you got on, it would stop at almost every floor to allow someone to get on.
The second issue I had was I did not get the type of room I reserved. The front desk desk didn’t even tell me I wasn’t getting the room I wanted... I didn’t find out until I walked into the room. I immediately called the front desk in an attempt to get it changed, but they said they over-booked my type of room and none were available. They offered me access to the free 10th floor breakfast buffet to make up for it. I asked if there were any other options but was told there wasn’t - so I reluctantly accepted the offer for the free breakfast. The next morning when I went for breakfast, my room card would not allow me access to the 10th floor. So I basically got nothing for the inconvenience of getting the wrong type of room I requested.
This hotel is in serious need of a remodel. Everything is dark and outdated.
The bathroom was was very small and cramped. The shower hardly had any water pressure - and the temperature control valve is connected wrong, making it work backwards (hot was to the right).
It is also worth mentioning that wireless internet access is not free here. They charge roughly $10/day for it - and is incredible slowwwwwww. In my opinion, WiFi should be free at all hotels.
There are plenty of other options in this area. Don’t waste your time at this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Gina A, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear D986CRdavidr,

Thank you for your detailed review regarding your experience. I apologize for any inconveniences this has caused you during your stay. I have shared your feedback with the rest of our leadership team to ensure the controlled service issues are corrected immediately. I assure you our first priority in the case of any situation where it inconveniences our guests, is to always provide options to our guests. I apologize we fell short of that during your stay. I truly hope that you would give us another opportunity in the future to make this right for you. We value your loyalty and your feedback.

Regards,

Gina Alvarez
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 15 September 2018

I was there for a three day conference. Learned a ton! The hotel is nice and the staff friendly but the housekeeping staff is not up to par for a Sheraton. There were stains on one pillow case and the duvay cover, the carpet didn't meet the marble threshold. The glass glasses were dusty on the outside and looked dirty. They brought a refrig up which was great and was free.Noise from the pool and seating area was pure highway 100% of the time I was in the area. Not that they can do anything about that. No fan in the bathroom to use as white noise to drown out the highway noise. No soft pillow top for the bed so it was pretty firm. With a couple of melatonin I slept fine just not the luxurious destination I expected with the name of Sheraton and Denver Tech Center.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Gina A, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Hello:
We are glad that you enjoyed your conference and your interactions with the front desk. I apologize that your room wasn't perfect and we have shared your comments with the housekeeping team as well. We appreciate your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to improve our service. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Warm Regards,