“Good Food but Always Busy”

The Original Pancake House - DTC
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Every time I visit the Original Pancake house its usually busy. They have good food, good service, and great breakfast, but make sure you call ahead or plan for a wait when you visit during peak hours (Breakfast).

1  Thank Casey M

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Arriving and seeing that there's a wait, usually no matter what time of day, is a good sign of the wonder of the Original Pancake House. Everything about this place is what going out to eat is supposed to mean: solid service, a full plate of food and made deliciously to order. The apple pancake and the dutch baby are worth the trip alone. We split the apple pancake and were still stuffed! Corned beef hash, Swedish pancakes, coffee, bacon...ok, I'm getting hungry just writing this. Go and see for yourself...you'll see why there's always a wait.

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Well, this is a very busy breakfast restaurant, quick and courteous service by their waiters/ waitresses. I like the vibe of the restaurant but I'm not sure about the food... The ham tasted like it was boiled in water before they put in on the griddle - tough and bland. The French crepes was quite horrendous, the filing tasted like store bought strawberry jam and with glowing orange colored syrup pour over it topping of with heavy dusting of powder sugar. I would like to recommend this place but I can't, not until they put some emphasis on the quality of food.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Excellent pancakes, generous portions, friendly and efficient waitstaff. We love the patio in the Summertime. Often have to wait, but don't mind as the food is great! Best gluten free pancakes in town! Never disappointed in new items we try. Best breakfast in the Denver metro.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I ordered bacon and eggs and requested to substitute the dollar cakes for the regular pancakes. Everything was great except for the pancakes. The eggs were cooked to perfection, the bacon was tasty, and they even had decaf tea in a black tea flavor - unheard of in most restaurants (they think I want peppermint tea or some crazy thing when all I want is no caffeine).
The dollar cakes arrived as a smaller diameter than regular size, but still very thick. Undercooked, doughy. I had told waitress I didn't want under-cooked pancakes. She took them back and brought out some thick, fat, brown pancakes - still raw in the middle. I ate one - not good. They should take dollar cakes off menu or train cook to dilute the dough. They should be not just small, but thin, and definitely not uncooked in middle. The waitress was great and the classical music a great bonus. Location was on University.