“Obnoxiously Loud Hotel”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Greenwood Village
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I recently spent the weekend at the Doubletree Denver Tech Center with my wife who was in Denver for a couple of weeks on business and was very unpleasantly surprised at the obnoxious level of noise at this location. I have stayed at other Doubletree locations and noise was never an issue. Avoid the rooms that have "inside" balconies open to the mezzanine/lobby area at all costs. Events featuring music in the lobby and ballroom areas will reverberate through your room making sleep next to impossible. During one such event, numerous calls to the front desk only resulted in repeated empty assurances that "it will quiet down in the next 30 minutes". Unfortunately, it never did resulting in a relatively sleepless night.

On the last night of my wife's trip, the hotel actually booked a late night meeting in a room directly adjacent to her room. The attendees of this meeting were drinking and as often results when alcohol is involved - overly loud. My wife made four separate trips to the front desk to complain and they finally did take action - several hours later at almost 1 AM. Avoid this place if you actually plan on sleeping during your stay.

Room Tip: If you stay here, avoid the rooms with balconies that open to the lobby/mezzanine level.
1  Thank MDTraveller75
Rochelle C, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

MDTraveller75,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We apologize that your stay fell short of your expectations, especially in regards to the noise from the neighboring guests. Your feedback is very important as it allows us make any necessary improvements. Please know that your feedback has been shared with the appropriate managers so that we may keep this in mind moving forward. We truly hope to have the opportunity to better serve you in the future!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Hotel is very clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly. The Atrium was beuatiful with plants and trees and also has a hot tub. The restaurant is clean and the staff was very friendly. The food was delicious! Not only ate dinner there but ate breakfast there too. The breakfast was a buffet with many selections.

Brandi S,
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our atrium area with our pool. We unfortunately do not have a hot tub at our property however, we do have both an indoor pool(open all-year-round) and an outdoor pool(open Memorial day through Labor day). It is wonderful to hear that we you were able to enjoy our breakfast buffet as well. Please know that your feedback has also been shared with our restaurant team. Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to having you with us again soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I spent almost a week there and it was my third stay at this Doubletree after two years break.
Nothing special but It is good all around: my room was clean and tidy, bed was comfortable with a wide choise of pillows, personel is well trained and friendly, always ready to help.
Reception staff is very welcoming. As I did not rent a car I tried their shuttle a couple of times - it is still reliable and works smoothly. It was extremely cold during my stay and that reminded me that three or four years ago, when it was very cold also, and I had stayed at Mariott Tech Center and was refused to use shuttle bus because of the weather...
Great choice of breakfast options, though buffet is a way too expensive.
I would rate this hotel even higher but while the quality is still good price climbed the hill which made value for money ratio weaker. One can find the same level of comfort and service for a better price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Irina94,
Thank you for your recent posting on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay with us after two years away. Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

very nice! there was a swan made out of a towel on the bed and a welcome letter. Also there was a large group staying at the hotel and I was concerned I would hear them all night long and that was never the case. Very impressive

Penny K.,
Thank you so much for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We have also shared your feedback about the towel swan on your bed with our housekeeping team. They love to be able to add a little extra creativity to their work and it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed it. Thank you once again!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I've stayed at the Doubletree in the Tech Center for a week each month for the past year or so. The hotel is always acceptable. The staff in the bar, Rick and Jade, are personable and always remember me by name. Once it had been about a year between stays and Jade called me by name when I sat down. That makes week long stays feel welcoming.

The food from the restaurant is good. Give it a try for breakfast or lunch. Although there are plenty of restaurants in the general area.

The staff has always been accommodating. Once when my AC wasn't working, they were able to move me to another room with no issues. And once when a key card reader would just not work after multiple tries, they were quick to call maintenance and have him come up to repair it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not overlooking the bar area. It can be a bit noisy at night. And park on the backs...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Rochelle C, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Mannandcan,
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We are so pleased to hear that you are able to enjoy your time with us. Please know that your feedback has been shared with our restaurant team also. It is wonderful to hear that Rick and Jade have been able to make you feel at home on more than one occasion. We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

My wife and I had an opportunity to spend some quality time together as our special needs kids went to a weekend camp. Great weekend, we were rested and had time to reconnect, great room, I highly recommend getting a suite, splurge, it's worth it, your spouse is worth it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Kelly K,
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review on Trip Advisor. We are so pleased to hear that you and your wife were able to enjoy a weekend away. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I make the DoubleTree my home when I am attending conferences. The beds are comfy, the rooms are clean, and the noise from the hallway is minimal. The folks at the desk are friendly and the food is always great. I actually relax away from home.

Pattie D,
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Our goal is to always make our guests feel at home during their stay. We are so pleased to hear that this is the case for you when you come to stay with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you with us again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwood Village
Stapleton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver
Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hote...
#5 of 15 in Greenwood Village
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Vil...
#2 of 15 in Greenwood Village

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech? Share your experiences!