All reviewsfront deskconvenient locationnice hotelwould stay here againgreat businessnice lobbyshopping and restaurantsbistrodenverstarbuckshighwayconcert
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I am a Priceline fanatic and really look for nice hotels that have great deals. We only got to be in the room for about 8 hours due to my son's baseball schedule, but it was great. Room opened up into an outdoor courtyard that was about 15 seconds from the pool. Comfortable beds, clean rooms, and very nice staff. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for 1st floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I had stayed at this Courtyard previously. In that case, I had flown by private plane into Arapahoe Centennial Airport, which is nearby, and had picked this hotel for two reasons. It was the only hotel with shuttle service to Centennial and it was within walking distance to the light rail providing me access to downtown where I had a meeting. This option eliminated the need for a rental car.

For the present visit, I was driving to Denver and I again had meetings downtown. Since I had a good experience previously and I was able to get a weekend rate for my Sunday and Monday meetings that was about 1/3 of the rate for downtown hotels, I decided to try it again, save a few bucks, and not have to mess with Denver traffic (which is not all that bad).

This hotel is a very typical Courtyard, which is good. No complaints. The staff members were friendly and helpful, everything was in good shape and clean, the internet was good and included at no extra charge, etc. I did not use the pool or other facilities so cannot comment on them. Breakfast is not included but there is a small restaurant in the lobby where you can purchase breakfast. There are at least a half dozen sit-down restaurants within 10 minutes or less walk as well as several fast food restaurants within the same distance. The hotel sits far enough away from Arapahoe Road that traffic noise is not an issue and there is minimal traffic on the roads that run next to the hotel. It is a nice quiet setting.

It is about a 10 minute walk to the train station. The neighborhood appears to be good and it is a pleasant walk except for the evening when I got caught in a thundershower. There is also parking at the train station if you prefer not to walk. It is a simple walk but there is minimal signage and it can be a bit confusing your first time. Hint: follow the “Park and Ride” signs. From the hotel, go left (west) on E. Peakview Ave which runs immediately behind the hotel and just follow it around the corner where it becomes S. Yosemite Street which you follow to the very end. At that point, you will see a small underpass to your left. Go under it and Arapahoe station will be in front of you. The tracks are on the opposite side of I-25 and you will have to take the pedestrian overpass over the highway. You can get your ticket at the foot of the stairs from the automated vending machines at the bottom of the stairs on either side of the highway. If you are going downtown, the “quick ticket” option is easiest but you may need exact change, $4 as of June 2013. The machines take credit cards too. If you Google Denver Light Rail, there is a system map and train schedule you can download from the official website. In my limited experience, the trains run reasonably on time. Note that there are two lines that serve the Arapahoe station; one goes to Union Station and one goes to downtown. If you get on the wrong one, it is not a problem as there are a number of stations along the way where you can transfer to a train that goes to the correct location. During weekends and late hours only one line runs through Arapahoe station and you will have to transfer somewhere along the line for downtown destinations. The same is true on the return trip. Coming from downtown, my approach was to take the first outbound train that came along and then at one of the stations that provides “transfers to all lines” I would switch to a train going to Arapahoe station. Sounds complicated but it is not.

If you should happen to use the train to get to this hotel upon your initial arrival, things could be a little confusing when you get to Arapahoe station. Take the pedestrian overpass over I-25 and as you come off the stairs you will see a small underpass a short distance to your right. Go through it and then turn left and walk a very short distance to S. Yosemite St. Go right (south, the only way you can go) and follow this street around the corner where it becomes E Peakview Ave. Continue a couple of blocks and the Courtyard will be on your right. If you get to the stop light, you are going too far. The Courtyard is to your immediate rear and right. As noted before, this street runs on the backside of the hotel and you will need to walk around to the opposite side to get to the front door.

From the time you leave the hotel on foot until the time you get to a downtown destination, it takes about 1 hour; perhaps a bit more or less depending upon how well you time the trains and how often trains are running at the time of day you are riding them. If you are strictly trying to find a place to stay where you can commute to downtown, there are probably some other hotel options closer in that would have a shorter train ride and perhaps more train options. The trains do get full during peak times but I was always able to find a seat without difficulty.

Room Tip: It is a quite neighborhood so you do not need to worry too much about room location with regard to traffic noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank whoknows987
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My wife and I stay here every year for the peels salon hair show. The tickets go on sale and my wife and eight friends will be staying at the Hilton. We had pink lipstick on a towel hanging in the shower and an empty water bottle that housekeeping neglected to dispose of. I met my wife for lunch in marriots restaurant between her classes. We were greeted in 10 min, received drinks 15 min later, and then we were totally forgotten. After waiting another 15 min my hungry wife went back to her classes. We are in customer service and the marriot was completely ungrateful for the peels hairs how community. They do not deserve the hair stylist community in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank George H
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I booked this hotel stay through hotels.com with a 95% average positive rating from former guests. That rating had changed to 77% by the time i actually checked in. The hotel itself was in a great location and the staff were very accommodating. The lobby was updated so the pics of the lobby online look great but the hallways were dated and the guestrooms were basic. The room itself was clean as well as the laundry facilities (i like to clean clothes prior to my return trip). I did like the fact that my room had a patio and faced the courtyard with easy access to their outdoor living space and indoor pool area. Was hoping for outdoor pool since indoor pools always feel so dirty to me. There is no free breakfast at this hotel which is always a negative for me especially when traveling with 4 children. My problem is not with the hotel per se but with hotels.com as they did not accurately represent this property especially when i requested a room that would accomodate 5 guest but the hotel only has an occupancy max of 4 per room so we were quite cramped. I lost sleep for 3 nights as their were only 2 double beds, no pull out, not enough space for a rollaway. We took this in stride but because of my large sized family i would never stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Bar Manager and Bar Tender Extraordinaire!

Ryan Van Pelt and Jon LaFosta provide and exceptional, beyond compare "Libatoin Experience"! They are beyond compare ...

The very best customer service and experience to be found in all of Colorado!

Don't miss a chance for excellence!

Room Tip: Count on the front desk for good recommendations - great customer service all around!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business