All reviewsfront deskconvenient locationnice hotelgreat businesswould stay here againnice lobbyshopping and restaurantsbistrodenverstarbuckshighwayhallwayconcert
Reviewed 2 August 2013

As a Marriott platinum member, I expected better. The room had no closet and no mirror. The walls were paper thin. The hotel has clearly seen better days! That said, the staff was pleasant and accommodating. As there are many hotels in the area, I would recommend finding another alternative.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2013

As I have for the past 5 years, Courtyard was my place to stay overnight when traveling on business. I spent one night at the Courtyard Marriott in Denver. The hotel was clean, the staff is friendly and the rooms consistent with all others across the country. However, when traveling the last 3 months, the locations did not have Courtyards available so I stayed in Sleep Inn, Best Western, Fairfield, and Residence Inns instead. Coming back to Courtyard showed me how much I am now missing. The rooms are smaller and without "coffee tables". The towels are much thinner than those places I have recently visited. The computer area is outdated and uncomfortable because of limited chair adjustments and the crazy rolling desktop under the desk. The "Bistro" is like visiting a convenience store for breakfast. It is no longer an enjoyable experience.

Because of my recent stays outside of the Courtyard "experience", I will no longer return. This trip has shown me that Courtyard no longer "a hotel designed with the business traveler in mind". It appears they now design with the company
balance sheet in mind. It is just an average hotel living on its past laurels

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I recently booked a room at this location for some friends visiting from out of town. We needed a handicapped room. The front desk was very accommodating and friendly. The room itself was very clean and well appointed. My guests commented on how nice everything was. Would book here again.

Room Tip: Request to view the room first if you can before booking it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I always enjoy staying at Courtyards because they are always clean and more often than not they have very comfortable beds, and based on that, this was a typical Courtyard by Marriott. This location is right off of I-25, technically a little bit south of the DTC, for easy access to downtown Denver via car or rail (light rail station less than a 10 minute walk away). I do have a couple of issues with this hotel, the first being that there was a strong smell of cleaning product/solution in the hallway of the second floor (this was not present in the rooms, however) and that they upcharge for faster internet connectivity (I actually was able to stream Netflix on my laptop without purchasing the upgrade). Many people complain about the lack of free breakfast, but that isn't specific to this Courtyard and to me I never eat breakfast at the hotel (unless I'm at an Embassy Suites) since they are generally low quality and high in carbs.
Bottom line, friendly staff, comfortable and clean rooms make this place a winner for me. If you must have a free hotel breakfast this isn't the place for you.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The hotel is in a nice location and clean. There are many places to eat in the area. The beds were the worst I have slept in. They are small and old. If you don't sleep in the middle of the bed, you could fall out of bed. There is no free breakfast. I approached the Bistro area, where the two employees behind the counter didn't want to acknowledge I was even there. After 5 minutes of being ignored, I walked away. I was hoping to buy cereal for my 2 kids, but at $4.50 for a little container I could get at a local gas station for $1.50, I decided it was for the best anyway. There was no ice in the ice machine. Stayed here for 3 nights too long.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family