“Typical budget motel in a big city”

Sleep Inn Denver Tech Center
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Greenwood Village
Edmonton, Canada
“Typical budget motel in a big city”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed 2 nights here because it was the best price in the area and being a Choice hotel I thought it would be like the others (Comfort Inn, etc.)

This Sleep Inn is more budget. The room was OK, but the sheets were so wrinkled I wondered if they actually changed them. Then the second day I saw they hadn't even taken the obvious trash (soap wrappers, used coffee cups, etc.) off the counters when they cleaned.

The evening clerk was always so exasperated when helping people it was kind of aggravating.

The breakfast was OK, standard fare, and I slept OK. But now I know that not all Choice hotels have the same standards.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Lori J, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear valued guest, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate your comments and hope you consider staying with us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

The experience at first was pleasant, but turned south the second I got into the room. The room wreaked of smoke and the mini fridge was not functioning. Due to a shortage of rooms, I was unable to move to a different room. The next day, I was getting ready and had a hypodermic needle fall out of the Kleenex box as I pulled a tissue out. I went downstairs and informed the manager on duty about all the situations that had taken place. I asked him what we could do about it and he told me that he would have to speak to the general manager before making any decisions. I understood and he told me I would be receiving a call from him soon. Days went by and I left two messages for him, which were not returned. I called back and asked to speak to the general manager (Abhi Agarwal) and the front desk guy pretended to be a manager and I told him what was going on. He said he would be calling me back in an hour, which he did not. I called back and asked him why he hadn't called me back and if he was a manager. I had to ask him three times if he was a manager before he admitted that he wasn't a manager. He then puts a manager on the phone and the manager tells me that they have no plans to do anything to resolve the issue and asked me if I "KEPT THE NEEDLE" (A USED BIOHAZARD NEEDLE!!!!!!!!) I told him that I would have never done that, but I had told the manager on duty to go up and look. The manager came down and confirmed that there was a needle in the room. After I told him that, he hung up on me! The facts that I could have been stuck by a dirty needle, breathed second hand smoke all night, or was unable to use the fridge are not even the biggest problem with this place... THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE WORST I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED!!!! Please let this place be your last resort, I don't want anyone to experience what I did, and be charged double their normal rate because of room shortages. There was a reason they had rooms...
• • •

5 Thank Brad C
Lori J, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Hi Brad, First I want to again apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. I am pleased that you and I were able to resolve your concerns and that you are considering staying again at our hotel.

Thank you again for being a valued guest and I hope to see you again in the future.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

As a major traveler both International & domestic I stay in a lot of hotels from luxury hotels to great affordable low-price high value hotels. The sleep Inn and let me first say, I can only vouch for this particular hotel has been one of my best finds in terms of value for money. I stayed here before the renovation a few times and it wasn't bad, however, I had to lower my expectations ALOT, I had my share beds not made, people still in the room when I walked in, dirty towels. But just as I was about to ditch the hotel they started the renovation in 2012 late or early 2013 can't remember, things started to improve and gradually the hotel became and is now a great little hotel for value-conscious customers and noticed I didn't say CHEAP, because people looking for simply the lowest cost will find anything, everything to complain about and I know first hand stuff happens. The question is how did you handle the situation. I remember when the bathroom was dirty. I just politely walk to the front desk and told them and they re-assigned me to another room, was I irritated, yes, because I had a long flight and it was late. Did it justify me writing a negative review, no, because, the rest of the stay was fine and issue resolved. It's a business, businesses are ran by people and people make mistakes. Now if I was at a luxury hotel, we'll, now I am paying a premium for fewer mistakes and I have a different set of expectations and would have been angry after spending $300+ a night to come into a bathroom not cleaned. But for less than $100 bucks, I can accept a few more mistakes... But this hotel has done a wonderful job in all categories now will you catch a person on a bad day or have a misunderstanding YES MAYBE and that might be ur only time their, but I do know they try their best... I was happy to write a review because I have seen the transformation....

Room Tip: Request second floor close to the vending machines..
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Lori J, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Hi James, thank you so much for taking the time to share your story with us and others! The hotel was purchased by new owners 1 year ago this week and we continue to make renovations and improve in all areas to ensure we meet the expectation of our guests. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again next time! Safe travels.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I received a call from my bank stating that my card had been charged twice. I reviewed my recent transaction and the bank was correct. I spoke with a man that stated he was the General Manager and Owner and wanted to get clarification. I was hung up on twice and was told that if I decided on legal action he would hang up on my attorney also. I sent an e-mail to Customer Support so that I could speak with someone to get this resolved and I have yet to hear back from them. This was my last stay at any Choice Hotel properties; it's a shame because Kristofer, the front desk representative, was extremely helpful. Unfortunately, his boss turned a great experience into a lousy one.

4 Thank Earl B
Lori J, Public Relations Manager at Sleep Inn Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Earl, first allow me to apologize on behalf of our entire team for the inconvenience you encountered. I'm not sure what happened with your billing issue, but please feel free to contact me direct so I may assist you in resolving any outstanding issue. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel out of necessity for one night. I made the reservation through www.choicehotels.com, using my account. It was not for business or leisure but convenience with too may things being juggled at once. I THOUGHT everything was ok with our stay until a few weeks down the line when I noticed that we did not receive any points for our stay. I sent an email to report a missing stay and was informed that because my boyfriend wanted to check in early while I was at work, they had changed the reservation to his name and I couldn't get any points since they couldn't verify that I was the second guest in the room. I had several emails from Choice of them insinuating that I did not stay there and I couldn't get any points for making a reservation for someone else. Talk about bad customer service! I did stay there and they kept basically accusing me of lying. Then I left a message for the manager and he never bothered to call me back. Guess customer service isn't high on his priority list either. I finally called again and reached someone at the front desk who informed me that I wouldn't have gotten any points for my stay even if the name of the reservation hadn't been changed because my rate plan (AAA) didn't qualify. I was advised that in the future, I should contact the hotel directly after making a reservation to ensure my rate plan would qualify for points. I have NEVER had this problem before at any other Choice property I have stayed at.

So, all in all, this is kind of a dumpy hotel. The breakfast was fine. It is just a cheap place to stay - kind of a Walmart of hotels. With all of the hotel choices in the area, I would suggest trying out another one before thinking about staying here. Oh, and if you think you will get any kids of points for your stay, think again.

To get a better idea of who is running this place, there is a nice sign out front that says, "No Smoking, No EXEMPTIONS." Really? I think you mean EXCEPTIONS. Maybe you need to go back and take some customer service classes and some vocabulary classes as well.

BEWARE PEOPLE!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Alex G
Lori J, Public Relations Manager at Sleep Inn Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Alex, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. We are more than happy to extend Choice Privileges Points to our valued members. However, if you've paid through a 3rd party site and not the hotel direct we cannot issue the points. Please feel free to contact the hotel direct in the future to make your reservations and we will ensure you receive the level of service you deserve as well as your points. Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we wish you safe travels.
Beavercreek, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We were hit by a horrible smell immediately upon entering the room. My wife found the toilet to be dirty in a bad way, most likely the source of the smell. It didn't help that the room was also very hot, with no amount of A/C in the 40 minutes we stayed there making it any cooler. The bathroom was generally gross.

We had enough, and went to the front desk to complain. They were generally courteous and nice. They called the manager, who immediately said "Give them a full refund and cancel the reservation." Just like that. Hearing that makes me believe that this isn't an uncommon occurrence. Normally, one would expect something to the effect of "How can we make this better?" or "We apologize, we'll make this right by doing xyz." Not at the Sleep Inn.

We had to scramble to find a different hotel (thankfully we found a MUCH better one).

I guess the general feeling I get, besides the fact that this hotel was disgusting and memorably bad, was that it doesn't make sense. It's a nice area of Denver, surrounded by nice hotels. It wasn't expensive, but it wasn't bargain basement either. I'm mystified. Lucky for me, it isn't my mystery to solve. A week in a better hotel was all my family and I needed, in addition to a new rule to avoid the Sleep Inn at all costs.

Room Tip: If the room smells, vacate immediately.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ken W
Dear valued traveler, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you encountered while staying at our hotel and hope you will reconsider staying with us again in the future. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we wish you safe travels.
Tulsa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed here a week over the 4th of July Holiday. We really enjoyed the friendly staff and the great maid service. Location is convenient to highways and eating places. The rooms were good. Beds comfortable. Shower small but water pressure was great. Traffic in this area gets really heavy during lunch and rush hours so expect delays. Highway traffic seems to be always slow but many alternate routes to take to avoid the highways.
Plenty of parking and the area seemed safe during our visit. WIFI is a hit and miss but was able to connect to Target wifi without issue. We would stay here again!

Room Tip: Learn the alternate routes to avoid using I25 or I225.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ItMattersToMe
Lori J, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Hello and thank you so much for your kind words! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your business. We hope you visit us again the next time you are visiting the Denver area and wish you safe travels this summer.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwood Village
BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Tech Center Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Tech Ce...
#3 of 14 in Greenwood Village
Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hotel
Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hote...
#4 of 14 in Greenwood Village
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Te...
#6 of 14 in Greenwood Village
Comfort Suites Denver Tech Center
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Village/Denver Tech
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Vil...
#1 of 14 in Greenwood Village

Been to Sleep Inn Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!