“Good Food, Friendly, Convenient, Great for Business”
Review of Gypsum Grill

Gypsum Grill
Ranked #10 of 13 Restaurants in Gypsum
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Had a "blind date" business meeting here that ended up taking over 3 hrs. The proprietor was patient, friendly and served us at our schedule while keeping our drinks topped without being invasive. Nothing fancy here, but good MX/American menu selection. My date had a burrito plate that he said was above average Mexican and I had a great cheeseburger cooked just right. The fries were great. No frills/glitter here just good food and service.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

The Gypsum Grill does not sport any of the tall or flashing neon signs announcing yet another fastfood temple. But pay attention to the number of trucks parked outside,
The menu is half American, half Mexican. My wife had trout (superb) with french fries (a bit raw) and toast (rather greasy), still tasty and OK. I went on the mexican side and to my delight had a tasty, spicy and colorful mix of items that had NOT been through the usual bean blender like in some other mexican eateries.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

My family was on the way back to Denver from a weekend spent in Glenwood Springs when my 3 year old daughter had to go to the bathroom. When a 3 year old says they have to go, they mean it! We pulled off at the next exit, Gypsum, and I hurried her into the Gypsum Grill to use their restroom. I noticed the sign on the door indicating that the restrooms were for customers only, however I was assuming that since the restaurant was empty and I was at the mercy of a 3 year old, that the waitress would allow us to use the bathroom without any issues. I was wrong! I asked if my daughter could use the bathroom and had to agree to purchase a cup of coffee before they would allow her to go. I understand that they don't want a line of people coming and going without buying anything, but when it comes to a child needing to go I just felt that it was pathetic that I still had to purchase a mediocre cup of coffee, using a card (I didn't have any cash on me) for $2.17. Not impressed.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

We recently stopped at this establishment and were appalled by the entire experience. First, when we placed our order, our waitress would or could not pay attention. I told her four times what we wanted and she still did not listen. We had to ask for water and when it arrived all the glasses had lipstick or other lip marks on them and was so disgusting we dared not touch them.
She also set them on the table holding them by the rims. The food was not good. We wonder if the health dept. has ever been to this restaurant.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

I don't recommend people to go here. The owner is very hateful to customers and doesn't even wait on you if they don't like you. The food is bad it's just not good. Through the years they have a real turnover for help. Not very kind to truck driver who need a hot meal going down interstate. Travelers should keep traveling!