“A place where 20 strangers come come together with a common focus and three days later leave as a family.”
Review of Motherwell Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hamilton
Motherwell Ranch
Reviewed 10 August 2013

There for a photo retreat, I went alone spending three days in one of the most beautiful settings our country has to offer and leaving content, inspired, and a little heavier (great food and drink). Being picked up by Clay (one of the ranch staff) at the Denver Airpot, the five hour drive was eased by the good company of Clay and fellow passengers. Arriving at night I did not have any real idea where I was until waking the next day. Words will not do it justice but think mountain lake, untouched forest, and crystal clear skies. A genuine retreat. There are a few different accommodations but I stayed in a luxury tent (permanent tent with its own bathroom and king sized beds). Others stayed in rooms in the main lodge which were also very nice but I enjoyed the feel of camping without any of the negatives. Food and drink were plentiful and very well prepared to the tastes of the guests (compliments to Jackson, he is an expert). What makes Motherwell was the staff. Clay, Brian, and Jackson exude their appreciation for nature, their love of the ranch, and desire to infect each guest with this same vision. They became an integral part of our group, more friends than resort staff; more family than ranch hands. Motherwell allowed us to focus and learn from one of the finest photographers of our time in an intimate, serene, yet luxurious setting, staff and guests leaving forever friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Ian B

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I attended a retreat over a long weekend at the Motherwell Ranch and I cannot imagine a more wonderful place to relax and unwind. The staff is incredible, the food is amazing and the location is a dream. It is worth the long drive from Denver!
I stayed in one of the luxury tents, and it was amazing. I highly recommend the Motherwell Ranch to anyone who is looking for a luxury getaway!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank HappyGlamper2013
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I wspent time at Motherwell Ranch for a photography workshop. I chose to stay in the luxury tents as part of my stay. It was quite a unique and wonderful experience from the beginning to the end of the trip. The staff is so friendly and accommodating. I was so taken with the place that I want to bring my husband there at some point as they offer hunting excursions. The food was the best I've ever had...in my life. Thanks to the head chef, Jackson. The views and panoramas were breathtaking and almost surreal. Definitely worth the money and time to stay.

Room Tip: If you are into camping, the tents are awesome, but they are definitely out in the woods with a litt...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Yvonne D
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My time spent at Motherwell Ranch may just as well have been on another planet. It was so remote, it felt like I literally went off the grid, and yet there IS actually a luxury lodge up there in those mountains like nothing I've ever experienced. Yes, keep driving, it's totally worth it! I stayed in one of the "luxury tents" and never could stop calling it that. It's like a 5 star hotel that just happens to be in the great outdoors. I woke up most mornings to a gentle rain, warm in a luxurious bed. I can't really describe the experience, there's nothing to compare it to. The lodge was equally outstanding, but what truly made the whole experience over the top was the staff. We were attended to by the staff from morning until ... well morning (when we finally went to bed), EVERYTHING we needed or wanted. They waited on us quite literally hand and foot, and as this was a workshop, they took us all over the mountain and hauled our gear for us as well. We also had a few random little fishing/hiking/etc. excursions that our attendees individually wanted in there that they took care of, as well. And the FOOD. Oh my gosh, the food was crazy. It is unbelievable that we were able to do anything at all as stuffed on the amazingly wonderful food we were served. A huge thank you to Jackson, Clay, and Brian for making this the most memorable escape of a lifetime, and one that I can't wait to return to. I am definitely telling all of my friends about what a great place you guys have hidden up there!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank rgansle
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Wake up to the fresh cool mountain air, gourmet meals, and the friendliest staff in the world. Go hiking, fishing, canoeing, hunting, clay shooting, or just relax on the giant wooden deck overlooking the lake. Enjoy a first class dinner, a bartended fully stocked bar :), play pool, and gather around the fireplace in the evenings.

I had an amazing time at this place. This place is the epiphany of those nostalgic American family vacations, a group retreat, or a romantic getaway. The staff is so very helpful and friendly. They only want to make your stay perfect.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank tripapprentice
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I recently attended a workshop help at Motherwell Ranch and I could not be more thrilled with the facilities and staff. Brian, Clay and Jackson were there to take care of every possible thing we could have wanted, down to bringing a coffee out to my tent in the morning when I woke up. Jackson made the most amazing food I have had in a long time, outshining many of the fine dining restaurants I frequent when traveling. I had a double tent and it was LUXURY! A bed that I could sink into and a great heavy cover that kept me warm. Best of all a wonderful fully functioning bathroom and hot shower in the tent! I highly suggest getting a tent if you have ever wanted to camp without the hardships! I cannot say enough good things about this ranch and my experience there.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Erica W

Been to Motherwell Ranch? Share your experiences!