“Delicious surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Kennebec

The Kennebec
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Hesperus
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Anchorage, Alaska
“Delicious surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We went here quite by accident and were thoroughly thrilled with our meal, service, and the setting. The artichoke is perfect and the salads superb. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are staying in the area or don't want to fight the crowds in Durango. A reservation is suggested.

• Visited July 2014

Farmington, New Mexico
“Tucked away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We have lived in this area for well all our lives basically and had never been to the Kennebec Café.
We went for a drive and saw it, it was around dinner time so we decided to stop and give it a try.
To our great delight it was awesome! It is a little on the pricey side but it was well worth it. They also have a brunch on Sundays which we intend to try next!

• Visited June 2014
Colorado
“Best restaurant in the Durango area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband and I love this place. It is our favorite restaurant. I've loved everything I've ordered over the years. I usually order the fish special because, lets face it, we live in a land locked area. No one in Durango knows how to cook fish but the Kennebec always cooks it to perfection and the sauces are wonderful. My husband loves the sirloin and pork tenderloin. There is something for everyone on this menu. The smaller plates on the lighter fare are perfect for people who want a regular sized portion and along with a salad is plenty. We have never had a bad meal. We go here for all our special occasions as it is a little pricey (but worth it) and love the brunch on Sunday. It is about a 10 minute drive outside of Durango but a short drive considering how good it is. There isn't a restaurant in Downtown Durango that can touch it for the quality and consistency of the food and the ambiance is unforgettable. You have views of the La Plata Mountains ad there is plenty of parking. I am gluten free so my choices are limited and there is plenty to choose from that I can eat. You just need to ask questions. The servers will go back and ask the chef if the ingredients are gluten free. Take the drive and see where the locals go for the best food in Durango.

Visited June 2014
North Carolina
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stopped here, just by chance! Our RV started having problems so we ended up right in front of this restaurant. Luckily, we went inside to eat, not knowing anything about this restaurant. How lucky we were to come in!! The food was delicious!! My husband had the meatloaf with mashed potatoes and I had the baked trout with trimmings. Everything was very, very good and we highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. You will not be disappointed! I checked that was a good place for children, but after carefule consideration, it may not be the best. I would think small children would be better suited at somewhere like Golden Corral, etc. I really liked this restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
“Downhill Slide”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

A year ago our group of friends discovered this place on a 2-night stay in the area. We had a reservation for the first night and liked the food and service so much we went back the next night. This year we returned to the area and arrived at the restaurant with high expectations. We left seriously disappointed. The first sign that something was amiss was the front door -- weatherbeaten, peeling paint and generally shabby. It went from bad to worse from there: terrible service from a waiter who would have been out of his depth at a Waffle House, weirdly awful Margaritas, and food that ranged from average to barely marginal.

We won't be back, but at this rate neither will Kennebeck.

1 Thank LC831