“Explosion of fresh flavors!”

Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 127 Restaurants in Highlands Ranch
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Yosemite
Transit: Light rail stop on Lincoln is less than half a mile away. Light rail on County Line is one mile away.
Description: Located on the South side of the United Artists Meadows 12 Movie Theater and near Park Meadows Mall, the Park Meadows Rio is where good people, a unique atmosphere, and honest, wholesome ingredients make everything better. Great happy hour with outdoor patios, private space & large party reservations available. We offer a festive & delicious experience for all ages.
AURORA
“Explosion of fresh flavors!”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

As a discerning foodie I was thinking this place was just another mediocre Mexican food restaurant. But boy, was I surprised! This place makes their tortillas fresh on site and all the food tastes homemade, not canned or reconstituted! The green chili was made with freshly roasted chiles and tender chunks of meat, not frozen anything! My husband had the spinach enchiladas which were awesome. I had the half quesadilla (steak and cheese)with green chili and could not stop praising the tastiness of the food! I was pleasantly surprised. We were told the margaritas are awesome, so we will be back for certain!! I highly recommend this place.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank peetieswie

“Poor quality of pork”
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I often eat at the Rio in Boulder and in Lodo.I have always enjoyed my meal.This time I
ordered something with braised pork in it.The pork was so full of grizzled/ fat pork that
even a pitbull couldn't have eaten it.The waiter took it off of my bill.I had only taken
three bites.I was surprised the manager didn't come over.Our other meal was fine.
Service was good.

• Visited December 2011
Susan O, General Manager at Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
I am so sorry to hear about your experience at the Rio - that is the opposite of the experience you deserve & not the one we strive to deliver. Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your visit; without people letting us know how we're doing we could never improve. If you would like to come back and give us another chance, please ask to speak with a manager on duty and we would be happy to treat you to an appetizer or drink of your choice.
Susan
Council Bluffs, IA
“Very busy on a Saturday night, slow service and ok food.”
Reviewed 9 November 2011

OK food, short wait for how busy they were, but slow service.

Visited May 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your visit and your experience at the Rio; without people letting us know how we're doing we could never grow and improve. Susan
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Excellent Steak Burrito with Green Chili sauce”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We like the steak burrito with green chili sauce, and eat here 3 - 4 times a month. Staff is friendly and the food is good.

• Visited August 2011