This was one of our favourite holidays ever. House was absolutely stunning, the old rustic style mixed with the modern. All beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean and everything provided. Owners so friendly and helpful.
The area itself is outstanding. A 10 minute bike ride to the beautiful local beach, and to the levee with cycle path round lake. Local village has bakery, restaurant and greengrocer, larger supermarkets 10 mins away.
Great wifi, could stream Netflix with no problem on the TV, and kids were happy with their connection.
Would happily return, couldn't recommend highly enough.
We stayed for 4 nights in this very spacious house. Totally private and extremely clean.
3 bedrooms are very large with lots of storage space..
The open plan living/dining/kitchen area is very large and very well equipped, everything you would ever need. Bathroom is large , full bath with shower over and another walk in shower , Again lots of space.
The house looks very old and charming outside in keeping with the region , inside although full mod cons the interior has large wooden beams and a huge fireplace that we did use on the first night. Fully heated if required.
Garden large and private , car securely parked behind the large gates. Several bikes to use to the villages and lake.
The area is very beautiful and full of nature.
We enjoyed our stay and if we return to this area we will stay here again, highly recommended.
My Family (6 of us, four children 15-7) had the pleasure of staying here for a full week Aug 2016. Honestly, everything about this place is perfect:
1) The owner is a delight. She strikes the perfect balance of being contactable to provide local information, while leaving you alone to enjoy your holiday. Once checked into the property, the house soon feels like your own and you are left to enjoy it without interruption from the very relaxed and hospitable owner.
2) The house is MAGNIFICENT. It is beautiful. Large, very well equipped. Very comfortable. Everything works well. There is so much space. The gardens are fantastic, the bikes are great and needed to enjoy the miles of paths around the lake. Some of the traditional features of the house are simply gorgeous. The beds are comfortable.
3) This place is a gem. It is close enough to England make a family road trip feasible from the UK. The connection from Calais is superb – Fast traffic free motorways.
4) The local area is beautiful.
5) 100% - We are looking forward to going back in the future. Thank you for making us so welcome.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Older travelers|
|Families with young children||Large groups|
|People with pets|