“A great place to get away”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hot Sulphur Springs
Hot Sulphur Springs Resort & Spa
“A great place to get away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

Two hours from Denver you'll find hot sulfur Springs Colorado. A place to truly relax and enjoy your weekend we stayed the night in one of their rooms at the lodge it was small but simple had access to the pool the day of check in the full day after check out. There are 19 different natural Hot Springs to sit in all different temps and sizes. Kids are only allowed on the lower level leaving the upper springs for adults. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a NATURAL UNFILTERED hot springs!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Froghockey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
San Antonio, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

This was my wife's and my second trip to Hot Sulphur Springs, having accidentally come upon it two summers ago. Simply, it remains our favorite hot springs. The resort offers a variety of pools and temperatures, open-air and covered, and while we've not used them, private baths and massages. From the outdoor pools, one can enjoy views of the mountains and a chance to observe wildlife in a nearby pond. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and rustic and have small TVs if you're interested (we weren't). Wi-Fi is available in the main building where coffee and tea are served in the morning. True, a railroad track runs past the property, but trains are infrequent and earplugs are provided; this didn't bother us. For us, the price of the room, about $100, which included TWO days soaking for two people, is well worth what we get.
After two visits, I'm still surprised by the vehemently negative reviews of Hot Sulphur Springs here, and I'd like to address some of them. The biggest problem might be expectations. Hot Sulphur Springs is not fancy--it's comfortable and quiet. Staff members don't gush and fawn, but they're helpful and there when you need them. A few boards in the walkways have small cracks from weathering, but they post no hazard and you can walk safely over the boards without looking down. The locker room isn't well lit and the fixtures are ordinary, but they work. The white stuff floating in the water is sulphur. The water is unfiltered and untreated. If you'd like treated water, then you should look elsewhere, although they do have a chlorinated swimming pool if you'd like. (By the way, the sulphur is a good exfoliant; we gather some up and rub on our skin) In short, if you're looking for luxury, then this probably isn't the place for you. If you're looking for a good soak in natural water in a quiet setting (the landscaping with native plants is really interesting, and there's moonflower (datura) next to a pool that blooms every morning), then Hot Sulphur Springs is an excellent choice. We plan on returning there on our trips to Colorado.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Batavicus
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

After riding my Harley for over a month all over the states, I came across this resort and ended up spending the night. It was simply amazing. I soaked for 4 hours and decided to get a room (nice, clean and perfect). For $98 you also get two full days of soaking ! What a treat. It was hard to leave! I have been to many hot springs but this one is at the top of my list now.

Room Tip: I had room 101 so I could see my bike from the window.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Patricia2211
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

This is our first trip to any hot springs. We will never be the same. I felt like goldilocks trying out all the hot pools till be found the perfect one. We were here mid week, so it was very quiet. Stayed on property, the rooms quaint, a bit outdated. This only added to the charm of the property. So relaxing. use the ear plugs provided in the room if a train will keep you from sleeping. Bring comfy shoes/ flip flops, water bottle and your own towel.

• Stayed May 2013
Berthoud, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

The pools are nice, good variety, but they really need to do a better job of maintaining and upgrading the place. There are loose boards, screws sticking out of some boards, paint peeling, things like that. Consider this: it costs $17.50 per person per day. Saturday, Apr. 27, I counted about 50 people there at noon. That is $875 taken in before lunch. If you double that, since they are open until 9:30 PM, their take by admission fees only would be $1750. They also have massages, etc, that they make money on. You can't tell me that with that kind of income, somebody does not have time, or is willing to, pound in some nails and do some painting.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SpringKing99
Brick, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

My husband and I did not stay in the hotel or make spa appointments, so this review is only for the hot springs. We purchased a combo ticket for general pool access plus one hour in the private, indoor pools. This was our first experience in hot springs, so we really didn't know what to expect. The pools were all man-made, but built right on the side of a hill, so you felt kind of connected to nature. DRINK A LOT OF WATER. Buy or bring three times as much as you think you'll need because you will get thirsty.

We started outside in some of the lower pools and worked our way up to the hottest pools at the highest point of the property. After a two hours, we went inside for our hour in the private pool. The private pool rooms get near 100% humidity, so it's kind of a combo sauna/hot tub. They have benches, a shower, and the spring.The sitting area with the wooden benches looked like any standard sauna room. The pool area was all exposed rock and concrete. The privacy was nice. I would highly recommend this to any couples visiting the hot springs.

As a hot spring patron, you will have access to showers, changing rooms, and lockers for your personal belongings. The locker rooms left a bit to be desired, but it wasn't enough to rattle me after hours of leisurely soaking in the hot tubs.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stacey K
Ne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

This was my first time visiting a hot springs. It was very relaxing and quiet. I loved the rustic theme and the outdoors of it. It was also nice that they had many different sized pools so that not everyone was crammed in the same area. They even had a cave-like room, but it smelled too bad to say inside. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that my clothes I wore there never lost the "sulfur" smell. So, if you ever decide to visit, take an old swim suit and old clothes that you don't mind getting smelly.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
#4 of 15 in Winter Park
The Canyon Motel
The Canyon Motel
#1 of 3 in Hot Sulphur Springs

Been to Hot Sulphur Springs Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!