“relaxing soak”

Hot Sulphur Springs Resort & Spa
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Just like they promote, the soak I had in the pools was very relaxing. There were a number of other people there but plenty of room and I used most of the pools. Only one was too hot for me to get in, but someone was all the way in and didn't look scalded so I guess it proves there is something for everyone! Flip-flops or sandals would have been a good idea since they had already used some rock salt (nights the walkway freezes). The place is dated as some others have noted, but that just added to the charm of the place. Bring a cold water bottle or other drink to stay hydrated. They rent towels for $2 but save your money and bring your own. A terry robe for between pools would be nice if it were very cold or breezy but I was fine without. I was there about an hour and felt it was well worth my $18.50. The gal working there was pleasant and the other visitors were quiet, as they advise, some reading a book, others eyes closed just relaxing.

1  Thank fiddlingal
in 5 reviews
"private bath"
"queen bed"

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I had an opportunity to visit Hot Sulphur Springs in the middle of October of 2013. The pools are open year round, which is great! There are over 18 pools with the water from 98 to 112 degrees Fahrenheit. Most of them are small- for 4 people maximum. The majority of pools are situated outdoors, at the hillside, so you can admire the view of the mountains. There are a few indoor pools. I recommend the largest one with the coolest water for the end of your soak session- it is super relaxing. There are lockers, showers, an indoor area with chairs and tables and several small areas with the lounge chairs outside. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

1  Thank Mariola P
Reviewed 22 October 2013

As a Grand County local, Hot Sulphur Springs' pools are the relaxing treat that I need at least a few times per year. Running our lodging can be extremely hectic. My body welcomes the relief that comes from a few hours of soaking and gently stretching tight and tired muscles. My mind can wander as I float nearly weightless, listening only to the sound of my own pulse and breathing and bobbing gently with each breath. Aaah!

When my college age daughter is in town, we often go to HSS for some quality mom-daughter time. With 24 pools to choose from we can always find one where we can visit while relaxing. The backyard pool is my new favorite.

The staff has improved considerably in the last couple of years; They are much friendlier and attentive than I recall from a few years back.

Wear water shoes or take flip-flops, especially in the winter- Hot feet hitting frosty deck covered in rock salt can be very painful.
Wear bug spray if going on summer evenings when the mosquitos are out.
Go from 8-10PM for a discounted rate. Take bottled water.

2  Thank Doug and Edie D
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This is a very relaxing hot springs tucked away in Hot Sulphur Springs Colorado, not far from Winter Park Ski Resort. Makes for a scenic drive and day trip from Denver, or you can stay in the lodge for an extended relaxing retreat. There are numerous outdoor pools where you can soak and enjoy the views. I recently took my sister from Alaska there and we had a great day. Children under a certain age are not allowed in the soaking pools. I have visited several times and will go back again.

2  Thank SassyRat
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I first came here 7 years ago when I was working for the YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park and found it worth the beautiful drive thru Rocky Mountain National Park just to have a good 2-3 hour soak. This year I came back 2 times and earlier this summer enjoyed the outside pool as well for some self water aerobics.
The Ute Indians once bathed here at 7,600 ft elevation & healed their mind, body & spirit in the relaxing sacred waters. The Springs have been in operation for the past 140 years.
There are 24 pools & private baths and many sun decks. Temp of the waters are about 105 degrees & there is no chemicals added and no filtering - they are all natural.
The particles floating in the water are elements of sulphur, sodium, magnesium, etc and are good for your skin.
I have been to other hot springs in Steamboat Springs & Ouray here in Colorado, but while this place is nothing fancy, it is always so quiet and relaxing that I really enjoy it.

2  Thank vagabondginger