“Spectacular!”
Review of The Canyon Motel

The Canyon Motel
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 January 2009

This was a little hard to get to in that I was at one gate and they were giving me directions from the other gate.
Once we plowed through getting there it was one of our best stays on our trip home.
We have a vacation rental up in Victor, Idaho and had a booking so needed to hit the road earlier than expected.
We were thrilled with the family atmosphere and the quaintness of all they have done with the property. We loved all the great personal touches and being right on the river.
We hope to be able to go and stay with them again on another trip home!

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank aheavenlyrefuge

Reviewed 31 December 2008

When we were deciding where to go for our honeymoon, we wanted a place that was quiet and cozy with almost no one around. For us, it was this motel in Hot Sulphur Springs. We live in a bustling city and needed to "get away from it all" to spend some time with just the two of us.

The staff were excellent and gave us a weekly rate discount and discounted passes to the springs. They advised us on activities that were a short drive away and even have pizza that can be delivered to your door. The room was very clean and they encourage water conservation on the towels and linens. We had a mini kitchen with a range, microwave and fridge and were able to cook several meals while we were there. This was especially helpful when we were snowed in (Under what seemed like a ton of snow). Our room had a decent view of the mountainside and nice warm heat.

Now that we have been married nearly 3 years we look back and want to go back and visit again. It was inexpensive and a lot of fun.

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2008

Overall the experience was what we had expected, a small quaint and rustic motel. The rooms have been updated and for the most part, are adequate. The walls, however, are not sound proof. We had a couple of people staying in the room next door who talked and drank all night, both nights that we were there. Not really the relaxing get away we had hoped for.

Stayed: October 2008
3  Thank bbgun01
Reviewed 1 July 2008

I am planning my motorcycle trip thru the Rockies and wanting to stay near the South Entrance to Rocky Mountain State Park so I can take all day to ride thru the Park and I am coming up empty on finding a decent place to lay my head. Then I stumble on this website for a hotel in Hot Sulphur Springs. There isn't even a stop light in Hot Sulphur Springs. So I take a chance. The owner says she will give me the King Suite over the phone. When we arrive I am pleasantly suprised. Large room, extremely clean, family owned, very reasonble room rate. My room didn't have a window and the town water supply was not fit to drink, so they gave us a gallon of distilled water to get us thru the night. Not the motel owner's fault. One warning. Arrive early. There is only one place to eat in town and it closes at 7:00PM. Otherwise you will do like we did and buy your dinner from the grocery supply at the local gas station. Better than what I got in the Army.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank DukeofTally
EcoInnKeeper, Owner at The Canyon Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2008

We always appreciate customer comments. A few of ours regarding this stay:

1) The drinking water problem is over and was temporary due to the town water plant.

2) All of our rooms have windows, per fire code. There is at least one and some have 2 or 3 windows.

3) We always deliver hot pizzas to rooms up until 10 pm year-round. There are currently 5 dining options in walking distance in summer months and 4 year-round restaurants. Please feel free to call for hours before you arrive. Thank you!

Reviewed 29 April 2008

We had an unpleasant experience when we stayed at this motel last July. Since we flied into Denver in early morning and then went to RMNP for a day trip, and we didn’t want to drive to Vail after dark on the mountain road, we decided to stay a place overnight in Hot Sulphur Springs. Based on the reviews posted on tripadvisor, we chose this motel. Yes, before I went, I know it is a basic motel right next to the road, and nothing was fancy. However, all of us were very disappointed once entered our rooms. We had two rooms, one has the kitchen, and the other does not. Both of them looked very depressing, dirty old furniture, carpet and etc. Later on, after I saw some bloodstain on one of the pillows and bed sheet. I called guy in the front desk (who is probably the owner). He immediately changed the bed sheet and pillow cases. Then I checked the bed sheet in my parents’ room and found that it was not very clean either. So I had to ask him changed them as well. At that moment, we really didn’t want to stay at this place but we didn’t have other choice because it was late in the night and my parents were still recovering from minor altitude sickness they had while sightseeing on the Trail ridge road. We left the place as soon as we could the next morning

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank tiger62z

We hope our excellent reviews on this and other travel sites show that this was an isolated complaint. We strive for clean, quality, comfortable rooms and remain AAA Approved. There has also been new management since the date of this guest's stay.

Reviewed 9 January 2007

There's not too much to add that the other reviewers didn't already cover. This is a roadside motel where your is parked directly infront of your door but don't let that scare you, the rooms were affordable ($75/night), clean and comfortable. We stayed in rm 1 (an efficiancy) which had recently been remodeled. The bathroom was new and had hot water. The kitechenette was small but had a microwave, two burner electric stove, and some pots/pans/dishes. The room also came with two double beds (pillowtop), a futon, small table and a flat screen tv.

• Stayed: January 2007
7  Thank AJGolden
Reviewed 21 December 2006

I was actually stranded....i needed to drive further, but it was getting too dark to continue driving,,,,the service station across the street recommended the canyon,motel to me. i noticed it was AAA rated.....i was greeted with a warm welcome...the rates were outstanding....the room was warm,clean and cozy..log cabin type room...with king size bed/pillow top matt.ress....plush pillows and very warm.. the owners even have an on-site pizza oven,,,,hot pizza delivered to my door...the owners were very,very helpful to me...explaining to me where i was, even mapped out my journey ouf the canyon back to I-70West

Thank You So Much For Your Outstanding Service

Littletree Inn
#6 of 8 in Granby
Americas Best Value Inn Bighorn Lodge
Allington Inn & Suites of Kremmling

Been to The Canyon Motel? Share your experiences!