“Good location; friendly staff”
Review of Hotchkiss Inn

and 1 more site!
Hotchkiss Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hotchkiss
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one week and it was pretty good for the area I was in. The bathroom and living areas were clean. A continental breakfast was served every morning with locally grown foods and homemade muffins.

Room had a microwave and fridge, coffee maker with mediocre coffee, and Dish TV. The reception on my TV was bad the whole time I was there- snowy picture. Bring a cable and connect your laptop to the tv.

This is a 2-story hotel and I strongly recommend staying on the upper floor because the floors squeak a lot. It was elk season during my stay and the hunters above me were up at 4:30 a.m. every day. Kind of a bummer.

There is a mom and pop restaurant across the street and about a mile away are some other places to eat. There is a grocery store not too far away from the hotel. I recommend buying some good coffee and amenities for the room.

For some really good places to eat and a pretty decent nightlife I would recommend going to Paonia about 9 miles down the road. The rooms face east and awesome sunsets are just a great way to start the day. The surrounding area is unbelievably scenic and local produce and organic food abound.

It was sunny most of my trip- 40's in the morning but quickly warming up to about mid 70's. It rained 2 days but it wasn't too bad. It gets cold quick when the sun goes down.

Room Tip: Get one on the top floor- the floors squeek like crazy!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Pros
Free wine on arrival after a warm welcome from Kris and Andy
Clean room
Quiet sleep
Free baked goods and coffee for breakfast
Free wifi
Great price especially considering all the extras
Cons
Given the price, the personable owners, and all the extras, I can't come up with one con.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Newest motel in town, very clean and feels homey with soft carpet and plenty of room. The owners/operators are the best and treated me like a guest, not only a client. The motel faces a distant mountain and is right off of the main road in town and only a block or two from a great modern style grocery. Also a café directly across the road. A great nights sleep was easy to get with all the soft pillows and comfy bed, and not too close to any loud sounds like trains passing in the backyard or anything like that! The breakfast included large tree ripe peaches from a local organic orchard...just nothing to complain about this place.... was great!

Room Tip: If you want a room with a good view of the mountain ask for one that's not behind the staircase
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Our "jeep group" spent a night at this delightful inn, and we found such a welcomed experience. The rooms were very clean and had all the amenities that you could ask for. They had a wine and cheese reception soon after we arrived and then the next morning provided a wonderful breakfast with homemade pastries, fruit, yogurt, etc. We would definitely go back to this place. Thank you, Kris and Andy for all your "special touches!"

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jim B
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Very nice, ready to help owners: Kris and Andy, thx for strawberries for breakfast :). They really take care about this place. Clean, full of beautifull flowers and plants around created nice atmosphere. Good situated motel close to the road with beautiful view on mountains, it's easy to see Needle rock and Castle rock through the windo just from the bed. I recomend this motel like clean, comfortable place to spend even few days. We were there with children who found there place to basketball and voleyball. At the evening we had a fun with children to sit around the fire pit.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Agnieszka914
Reviewed 20 September 2013

As soon as I entered the lobby I was greeted with a big warm smile, wine, cheese and crackers. Who wouldn't want complementary wine, cheese, and crackers? The owners were extremely welcoming and made me feel right at home. Not only were the rooms squeaky clean but the beds were nice and comfortable, I slept like a baby. And nothing was better than having fresh fruits, oatmeal, pastries, cereals, yogurt, etc. for breakfast as we carried on our trip through Colorado! They also had a basketball hoop, volleyball net, and bbq pit!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Sadly I needed a motel to stay in while in Hotchkiss to attend my Grandmother's funeral and this was really one of the only choices to say. I called to reserve two rooms and was never informed of the cancellation policy at all which would have been nice to since the other person in my group was delayed and would not be needing a room. When I went to check in and let the lady know she still said she was going to charge me for 2 rooms for 2 days even though we only needed one room now. So even though I was not informed of the cancellation policy I really feel that I was taken advantage of in this already sad situation.

The room are very old an outdated but clean. I was scared to use any of the electrical plug ins for fear the place would burn down and the bathroom was so small you couldn't bend over without hitting your head on the wall. I have seen bigger bathrooms in 5th wheel trailers! The room had 2 queen beds which were ok to sleep in but nothing to write home about.

We did not eat any of the food they offered so I cant comment on that.

The room did include a small refrigerator, a flat panel TV and internet. The room was very overpriced for what you got and I know I will never stay at this location again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Cinchgirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hotchkiss
Stay Wise Inn Cedaredge
#1 of 3 in Crawford
Cedaredge Lodge
Cedaredge Lodge
#1 of 2 in Cedaredge

Been to Hotchkiss Inn? Share your experiences!