“Very enjoyable!”

Miners Pick Bed and Breakfast
illinois
“Very enjoyable!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed two nights near the end of June. The owner, Vicky, is an excellent hostess. The premises are very clean and very well located about an hour and a half from the Denver airport. The two breakfasts we had were delicious and timed just for us. It's clear that Vicky puts a lot of thought and effort into the details of the whole experience. She's anticipated everything, from maps she'll lend to water/snacks available for very modest purchase upstairs in the common areas. The location was very good for our needs which included a short time in the mountains before a conference in Denver. Great jumping off point for Mount Evans which we did one day, along with a mining train ride in nearby Georgetown. Cute shops and a few restaurants. We very much enjoyed being able to walk to a couple of nearby pubs especially the Vintage Moose.

If I have any complaint, it's about the bed although I'm not sure it's the B&B's fault. The bed was soft and, because my husband is a big and tall man, it tilted to one side when he was in it thereby making me roll towards him. Again, it could just be my husband's size, but it impacted the quality of our sleep. Having said that, while I doubt I will be through Idaho Springs again, if I were to be, I would certainly stay here!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
MinersPick, Owner at Miners Pick Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I really appreciate your honest feedback and will check out the bed in question. I hope you will consider Miners Pick the next time you are in the area. All the best.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights in June 2014. It was a lovely and relaxing little place. There were a lot of special little touches like hand made soap in the bathroom and a flashlight in the bedroom drawer. The breakfasts were fantastic and she was quite helpful with local information. My one regret is not booking it for longer!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I decided to try out Miners Pick B&B for a recent overnight in the Denver area. The B&B is located in the small town of Idaho Springs, which is located at the bottom of Mount Evans (which is a must see!). It is a great location if you are driving west through Denver, as you are outside any major traffic.

The inn keeper, Vicki, was very friendly and made you feel at home. The bedroom and common rooms were very well kept and breakfast quite delicious.

I look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We stayed at Miner’s Pick for on Jan. 11—perfect place to spend our overnight in Idaho Springs! First off, let me say that we have stopped in Idaho Springs on numerous occasions just to get gas en route to somewhere else in Colorado, and we are so glad we decided to stick around for a short stay. Surprisingly, as close as it is to Highway 70, it has a great mountain vibe. Sure it’s small, but the people are super friendly, there are decent restaurant choices and the microbrews at Tommy Knockers are pretty darn awesome! As for Miner’s Pick, well…we can’t say enough good things. You can tell Vickie has her heart in this place, and she is a warm and welcoming owner! From the amazing breakfast to the small touches like nice bathroom amenities and filtered water, Miners Pick is a wonderful and restful place to stay. We were in the Placer room, which was comfortably sized and we were impressed by the size of the bathroom compared to a lot of B&Bs we’ve stayed in. It’s worth noting that we were surprised how quiet the room was given the proximity of the town to Highway 70. We would purpose to stay in Idaho Springs again because of the quirky fun vibe, and we would definitely stay at Miners Pick on a return trip.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy B
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The Miner’s pick Bed and Breakfast has a charming historical nature about its atmosphere. Located in Idaho Springs Colorado, a rustic town pressed between the mountains along I-70, is about 30 minutes from Denver. This B&B only has 3 guest rooms, so the tone is quiet and relaxing. There is just something about smaller B&Bs that cannot be matched by the larger ones, and I believe it is the increased attention to detail. The Miner’s pick definitely succeeds on all accounts in this department. The Innkeeper does wonderful work to make sure her guests are comfortable and accommodated. She shared with my husband and I that she has operated her B&B for 11 years and loves it. This certainly shows in the way the B&B is decorated, maintained, the perfectly color coordinated rooms, and even down to the selected soaps for the bathrooms.

Breakfast was delightful the morning we were there. The menu consisted of homemade blueberry pancakes, an egg (cooked in the style of your choice), sausage links, and fruit. The food is excellent and not heavy!

I highly recommend the Miner’s pick bed and breakfast, especially if you like older historical-looking houses.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kbdare
MinersPick, Owner at Miners Pick Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
I am so glad you enjoyed our stay. Thank you for taking time to write a review. I hope to see you again in the future.
Harrison, Michigan
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My husband and I stayed one night and could not have found a better place to stay in Idaho Falls. Vickey was very helpful with information on the area. The room was clean and spacious, bed very comfortable, breakfast excellent. Bottled water and snacks offered at a very reasonable price. The east windows let in the morning sun when the curtains were opened. Recommend this B&B..

Room Tip: east side with large windows to let in the morning sun
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jane B
Thank you for taking the time to review Miners Pick. I hope the next time you are in Idaho Springs you will consider staying again.
Milano
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Nice B&B: owners very kind and helpful. The B&B is well located and quiet. The room is comfortable, the bathroom a bit small. Good breakfast and we appreciated the possibility of using a fridge to eat something light in the evening in the room reserved for the guests.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
MinersPick, Owner at Miners Pick Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
It was my pleasure to have you stay at the Miners Pick B&B and I hope the rest of your Colorado excursion was every thing you wanted it to be. I do hope we will see you in Milan.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Idaho Springs
Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk
Historic Windsor Hotel B&B
Historic Windsor Hotel B&B
#1 of 2 in Silver Plume

Been to Miners Pick Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!