“Don't Go Here” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Indian Hot Springs

Indian Hot Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: World Famous Indian Hot Springs in Denver's Back Yard! Come up into the foothills of the Rockies and relax in our naturally hot mineral baths. A quick drive West on I-70 only 30 minutes away from Denver. From our most popular Vapor Caves to the Outdoor/Indoor Private Baths or the Tropical Swim Pool, be assured you will find what soaking experience you desire. Full Spa Services are also available daily.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Don't Go Here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

My family and I visited the Indian Hot Springs looking for a fun, relaxing time. That was not the case. Upon arrival we noticed the place looked worn down and motel-like. The inside was dated and the entire building held a dirty stench. Upon our request, an employee allowed us to look at the hot spring pool before we purchased the 17 dollars per person tickets. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. The pool was an acid green color, packed full of screaming children, and was an unaccommodating size for the number of people frolicking in it. Let's just say I wouldn't enter it even if I was given the 17 dollars. Alas, we all agreed to pass up that experience and sauntered back through the creaky hallway to the lobby. The people 16 and up in our group decided to check out the 'Geo Thermal Caves', hoping they would make up for the lacking pool. They did not. The caves are gender separated, which was nice but that was about the only good thing about them. Walking into the cave I felt like a miner descending into a coal mine. The air felt thick, it was mucky and wet, there was a sole light bulb hanging from the ceiling, and I felt like I was coming down with the black lung thanks to the lacking ventilation. The various in-ground hot tubs were murky and there were pipes coming in and out of almost all of them in an unneat and hazardous manner. If I didn't know better I'd think the caves were under construction. Obviously we vetoed the Geo Thermal Caves and made our way back to our rented home empty handed. All in all, don't go here.

Visited March 2014
8 Thank Carly S

Boulder
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Always a great Getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

We always enjoy stopping and/or staying here during ski season. It's close to several ski areas and the Denver Metro area. They run various package deals throughout the year which make staying there an attractive option. The package includes a free private soak in one of their tubs, $25 towards dinner at a variety of restaurants in Idaho Springs and use of the pool. The pool is covered and features various tropical vegetation including palm trees, various ferns and Birds of Paradise, etc...

The resort is old but, kept up adequately. I'm sure this equates to funky for many, but it's fine by us. One nice new option is the 4 cabins you can rent. They have a full kitchen, a queen bed and bunk beds to accommodate 4..... We drove up on a Sunday afternoon and stayed two nights. Skied during the day and soaked at night. Lots of locals and tourists hit this place on the weekend...fyi...

Visited March 2014
3 Thank ryq333
Vancouver, Canada
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Nickled and dimed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

Looking foreward for some healing waters was a disappoinment. The pool is nice for swimming however not very warm. One hot water pipe is coming out in an intermittend fashion and a sign says share the hot water with others, because everybody tries to stay close to the outlet to get a warmer water. Once you get out you are cold. There is not hot tub to warm up. There is a new hottub outside where you have to book for an hour and pay $22.- The caves one has to pay as well and they are very hot, it feels like to little oxygen in the air and the water is very hot. One can not stay very long. The main building was empty. I had a room upstairs for 2 nights paid over $170.- Just toilet and wash basin and a very dirty shag carpet. I asked if I could have a room downstairs I was told it would be more expensive because the rooms are renovated. I am used to get updated free of charge when there is everything empty, not there. On the last day I had to get upstairs 2 times to get my belongings. I had left the car unlocked for a few minutes and I had a map on the fron seat and underneath my camera. This camera was gone. Not a very pleasant trip all around

Visited January 2014
7 Thank Gertraut2013
Denver, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

This place is absolutely disgusting. Last time I was was about 10 years ago and it was much better. It seems like they did some maintenance to it, but they made it much worse. The pool is nice half the size it used to be and looks nasty. There used to be nice loungers around the pool. Now they have metal benches with tables. I know this place is old and they probably tried to revamp it, but made it much worse. We stayed there for 1 night and what a waste of money and time. Massages are way over priced, didn't try it, don't really have much faith in this place after seeing the rest of the hotel. Will never come here again.

Visited November 2013
11 Thank Regina0079
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Mountain spa close to Denver”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

This spa visit should be planned really well. You need 45 – 60 minutes for the mud bath, no more than 20 minutes in the hot springs cave (very hot), and whatever time for the hot springs co-ed pool shared with families. Add to that your massage of choice. Bathing suits are optional in the hot springs caves, which are set up for male, female, or couples. Don’t forget them or you can’t go into the hot spring pool.
The staff is really outstanding. They were great explaining how the facility worked, as this was my first time here. Unfortunately, everything needs to be updated, areas need to be painted, doors need to be fixed so they shut properly, tiles need to be fixed in the cave, chairs need to be replaced, etc. It is just really tired looking. So, if you want a quick trip to a hot springs and you don’t care about all of the wonderful extras lots of spas offer, this is your place. If you like to relax, meditate, and enjoy the ambiance, this place will not make the grade. The necessary upgrades are too distracting.

Visited December 2013