“Suite would have been nice...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Columbine Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Idaho Springs
Columbine Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Idaho Springs
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Suite would have been nice...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

This was a good value and clean place to stay. Difficult to find, as the sign is hidden by overgrown foliage, but the plants on the property give it a cozy feeling. Missed not having WiFi, but we did use the microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker, which was convenient. We stayed in a double queen with a family of 4, so it sounds like maybe a suite would have been a better fit for us. Close to restaurant and groceries, not to mention Mt. Evans and white water rafting. Good stop and would recommend.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
innkeeper617, Owner at Columbine Inn, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
We do have WiFi so please ask for the password at the front desk; and thank you for recommending us.
P.S. We are always reluctant to cut down our beautiful trees but will clear some around our signage. Thank you for the suggestion.
Cheers! Sam Salter, Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

We had a full day of rafting scheduled in Idaho Sepings so we didn't want to have to drive anywhere afterward. This motel was the perfect pick. Very close to the rafting outfitter as well as the "downtown" restaurants and shops. The room was clean and comfortable enough and there is a great patio on the property as well. Didn't have much interaction with the owner, but he seemed friendly enough when we picked up the keys. Check out time is early, but we had a flight out of Denver in the morning so it was no issue for us. I had booked a specific room when I made my online reservation, but the guest that was in the room before me extended their stay, so I was moved to what I was told was a comparable room. I am not a big fan of places that do that, as I want what I booked and paid for, but I don't think there was much difference between the rooms, so I didn't argue. Overall, I would have no issue staying there again.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
innkeeper617, Owner at Columbine Inn, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
We appreciate your taking the time to review our place and assume that because of the deck you mentioned, that you stayed in one of our King suites. They are all the same except for the decor. We would not change your reservation except for the fact that a guest extended their stay. More often, we upgrade a guest if we had to provide a comparable room. Also, if anyone in the TripAdvisor community needs a later check-out, please ask us at the front desk and we will try to accommodate you in every way.
Sam Salter, Owner
Yankton, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

I can just imagine the spoiled Trust Fund Brats coming into snowboard who wrote bad reviews about this place. Stay at the Hilton next time. For normal folks or us travelers that live in motels.. It is a gem! To settle the argument the beds are super comfy! Cute little kitchenette and very quiet. I wasn't as sold on the owner as other peeps .. He snapped at me over a request for late check out. Then quickly apologized. Bet he was a used car salesman in another life. Take note though check out time is 10am which is almost unheard of nowadays. Overall neat little place.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
innkeeper617, Owner at Columbine Inn, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Please request a later check-out. in advance since we are a small place and need the time to get our rooms ready up to our high standard by check-in time for other arriving guests.
P.S. I am actually an architect and builder in this...and my "other life" ; but appreciate your sense of humor.
Thanks for taking the time to write a review!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

Clean rooms, great prices, cute rustic décor, and very friendly owners who call you by name. I was only going through Idaho Springs so I could go white water river rafting. I booked one night on the phone just in case. As soon as I walked into my room, I walked right back out and booked another night I was so pleased. I'm so glad I spent two nights in Idaho Springs because it was such a cute town with wonderful people!

Room Tip: If you have to have wifi ask for a room closest to the check in.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank rebekahlynn
innkeeper617, Owner at Columbine Inn, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
We hope that you come right back and visit us again next time you are adventure rafting in our area. We truly appreciate your time in writing a review.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

A couple of residents told us his was the best place to stay in town so we were glad we had read reviews here & booked it. Proprietor was friendly & accommodating, room was clean & very quiet. The small kitchen area was nice (we stayed in a king room) but the electric stove burners did not work. Wifi did not connect. Funky linen prints for towels & bed.

• Stayed May 2013
innkeeper617, Owner at Columbine Inn, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Our King Suites all have a full kitchen equipped with a stove, microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. The electric stove burners do work, but you need to request to have them turned on if you are going to cook. We also supply all of the cooking utensils and cleaning supplies for cooking. There is a $50 returnable deposit. Please request this at the front desk when you check-in. So sorry about the misunderstanding.
P.S. The "funky prints" are also my fault
Eugene
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Locally owned hotel, with clean just remodeled rooms. We stopped for a night on our tour of Colorado and Utah in historic Idaho Springs just 45 min from Denver. Read great reviews and was not disappointed. Our King Suite included a mini kitchen with table, lovely art, and very clean new fresh room. Delightful and very reasonable rates. It was a lovely evenng after a week of 1 night stays in 7 cities. Right off I-70 on the way up into the mountains or heading back to Denver. Local gold mine tours, and nice shopping on the historic 1880's Main Street original buildings. Be sure to grab the best Pizza ever at BeauJos on Main Street that is filled with wonderful local memorabilia and mining maps. Delicious and cozy stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
innkeeper617, Owner at Columbine Inn, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you for sharing your experiences with the TripAdvisor community. We look forward to your return!
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

We came from Georgia in April for a one night stay before a weekend in denver..great value,very clean rooms..and the best shower I've ever taken. I recomend the columbine to anyone traveling on 70,or anyone visiting the rockies

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank dshanahan33
innkeeper617, Owner at Columbine Inn, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
We are so pleased that you had a good experience here. Looking forward to having you back!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Idaho Springs
#1 of 5 in Idaho Springs
Miners Pick Bed and Breakfast
Miners Pick Bed and Breakfast
#2 of 5 in Idaho Springs

Been to Columbine Inn? Share your experiences!