“Gross” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Columbine Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Idaho Springs
Columbine Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Idaho Springs
Colorado
“Gross”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2008

So, I am looking for a place to stay near Blackhawk and decide to find a reasonably priced room in Idaho Springs. I see the sign and it looks kind of neat, so I stop in. I talk to the owner's wife and ask, politely, if the rooms are clean and neat. She pulls out a newspaper showing that they are #1 with the locals. (Note to self...locals don't need a place to stay.) So, I am tired and say I will take it, after negotiating the price. To her credit, she offered to refund if I didn't like it. Of course, I didn't know I wasn't going to like it, until much later. The room appeared to be ok, although well-worn it was appointed with some nice touches. Later, when I went into the bathroom, I noticed the tile was torn up. Then, when I went to take a shower, the water would BARELY come out, so I opted to wait. A little later (I could hear the shower next door, very plainly, as I could nearly every movement made in the adjacent room) when I heard the shower shut off next door, I tried again and got a manageable stream to shower. I think the mangement would warn you that people in adjacent rooms cannot shower at the same time. Anyway, when I finally rolled into bed, the sheets felt, um, very OLD. And one of the most uncomfortable beds I have ever been in. WARNING! Don't stay at this dump!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — shower and bed
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
3 Thank crooner7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2008

We stayed in the 2 bedroom cabin. If you've seen the pictures of the charming, light, bright, flowered room with the woodstove on the website,that's NOT it, maybe that's the suite. The carpet, couches, bedspreads, and especially the shower curtain need to be replaced before I'd be in a hurry to recommend it.

Everything else was just fine, and the price was right.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
Mile High, Baby!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2008

Some friends of mine and our kids took a weekend to enjoy the Christmas Market in Georgetown and reserved two rooms with two queen beds. I looked at the reviews for all hotels in Georgetown and they were deplorable, so we decided to stay a bit farther out at a more favorably rated property.

When we arrived, the owners explained that they had to make some changes to our reservation b/c a large party had checked in. I was a little unnerved at first, but then the owner walked me to our room – the suite with full kitchen and a private hot tub. In addition, they gave us a second room with two queens. The rooms were very quiet, well equipped and the beds were very clean and comfortable. It felt like more of a bed ad breakfast room than a hotel room.

We were more than satisfied, in fact, we’ve booked the same rooms for this year’s Christmas Market.

• Liked — The location and kindness of the owners.
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with friends
2 Thank Annibaby
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2008

Loved the new look on the outside with fresh paint and awesome landscape. Owner was very friendly and accomodating. The room was larger than most and looked as if nobody had slept there before. Recommended to my parents and they loved it as well. TWO THUMBS UP!

• Liked — room size
  • Disliked — hard to locate
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank garlo001
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2007

Found brown water in the toilet. I think it had something to do with the pipes, but gross anyway. There was a wrinkled note on colored paper taped above the toilet that read, in magic marker, "Please hold the handle until all waste is gone" or something to that effect. Yuck! You did have to hold the handle.

Moreover, the shower was a terrible battle. The drain was so slow it filled up the tub while I was in it. I couldn't get the temperature or water pressure right.

This place was a little weird- there were posters all over the walls as if they had moved them into the motel after their teenager moved out, or as if they had bought them from a cheap nail salon. We laughed a lot.

Super dated, seemingly clean, except for the bathroom.

The next morning was super sunny and windy and the air had little flecks of gold in it. That was the only magical thing about this place. I would not recommend it. And I usually enjoy the side of the road motel... Try another motel in Idaho Springs- there are about 5 all in a row on the same road as the Columbine.

• Liked — it had a vacancy
  • Disliked — the bathroom
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Where2this_weekend?
Mesa, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2007

I had a great experience at the Columbine Inn. I arrived very late and had no issues getting my room (I had a reservation) upon arrival. The room was clean, plenty big and had a microwave and fridge - which was very handy. It was also very quiet considering the hotel was booked. The hotel has a massage therapist - Tess - who was awesome after a day of hiking Mt. Bierstadt.

Highly recommend the Columbine Inn and massage therapist, Tess!

• Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
1 Thank HikingUnderTheSun
ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2007

A good value at $69 + tax for two queen beds. Room was clean and spacious with very comfortable beds. Good tv and channel selection. Mini-refrigerator was nice to have. Didn't use the microwave. No frills bathroom with the shampoo / soaps you'd expect at a lower priced motel. Towels reminded me of what you'd get in high school gym class. Very friendly and personable proprietor as others have mentioned. Place was sold out both nights we were there. Oh, and the location is very convenient to the Central City / BlackHawk casinos.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
Miners Pick Bed and Breakfast
Miners Pick Bed and Breakfast
#2 of 5 in Idaho Springs
Americas Best Value Inn-Georgetown Lodge

Been to Columbine Inn? Share your experiences!