“Clean with Comfortable Beds, A Good Value”
Review of Columbine Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Idaho Springs
Columbine Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Idaho Springs
ohio
“Clean with Comfortable Beds, A Good Value”
Reviewed 15 August 2007

A good value at $69 + tax for two queen beds. Room was clean and spacious with very comfortable beds. Good tv and channel selection. Mini-refrigerator was nice to have. Didn't use the microwave. No frills bathroom with the shampoo / soaps you'd expect at a lower priced motel. Towels reminded me of what you'd get in high school gym class. Very friendly and personable proprietor as others have mentioned. Place was sold out both nights we were there. Oh, and the location is very convenient to the Central City / BlackHawk casinos.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank chumfamine59

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
midwest
Reviewed 8 August 2007

The property looks attractive, but it has problems. There is a nice outdoor deck, but a step in the middle of it is a serious stumbling hazard. The owner is not concerned about the danger of his guests falling and being hurt because, he says, his insurance will protect him from liability issues.

Our room was clean on the surface but there was deeply ingrained dirt in the corners and crevices. There are too few parking places for the number of rooms, so late arrivals have to park on the busy street. The owner's barking dogs provide an early morning wake-up call.

The lighting in the rooms was so dim that we had to go out and buy light bulbs in order to read. Fortunately a big Safeway store is just steps away

Stayed July 2007
Minnesota
Reviewed 31 July 2007

Website photos make the place look better than it is. Website includes a 10% off coupon (2-night stay) but the owner did not honor the coupon. Room was skimpy on the details: one microscopic bar of hotel soap; no extra TP. Room shower head popped out when the shower was turned on - so, taking a shower was like standing under a hose.

• Stayed July 2007
2 Thank JohnQPubyck
oklahoma
Reviewed 9 July 2007

My girlfriend and I had to be in Denver for a softball tourney. Me not wanting to stay in Denver I stumbled across the Columbine Inn on the internet. The reviews we read were great but the Hotel and the owners exceeded any review. We stayed a week and every time my GF walked back into our room she giggled. Trust me Im a chain motel kinda guy, but I was never happier with any room Ive stayed in ever. No matter the trip if Im in the Denver area this is where I will stay.

• Liked — Peace and Quiet.
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cancunpete
Virginia
Reviewed 25 May 2007

I spent just over two weeks in this motel and it was one of the best experiences I have had in a motel. The rooms are beautiful and by far the best value in town. Management is absolutely wonderful and willing to help in any way possible.

• Liked — The room ammenities
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled solo
1 Thank tps092056
Skier from Steamboat, CO
Reviewed 25 April 2007

"What a gem in the mountains! This place is reasonable ($), cozy, immaculate, free internet, phones, fully equiped with kitchenettes and 2 hot tubs on the premises. We have stayed in the suite with a private hot tub, the cabin, and queen rooms several times throughout the seasons, so we have a pretty good idea of the type of rooms available. Everything is new and completely remodeled the past few years, which is a joy compared to some of the dirty, run down motels we have had the misfortune to land in when traveling. The beds are comfy with down comforters, and handmade quilts. I am an artist, and can tell you that some of the original artwork rivals those in galleries. My husband and I and 2 teenagers have stayed here for the past 8-years whether we are gold panning, hiking around Mt. Evans, skiing in the area, or on our way to Red Rocks or Denver for a concert. It's especially gorgeous in the summer with all the flowers, and in our opinion, the only place to stay in the Idaho Springs and Georgetown area!!! You should make your reservations in advance though, especially for the summer months, since they get pretty busy around that time. Ask for Sam, the owner. He's hospitable, accomodating, and a gem, too."

• Liked — Hospitality, Comfortable, Friendly, Clean, and location to ski mountain
  • Disliked — not a thing
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
3 Thank pamperedSkierStmbtCO
Denver, CO
Reviewed 20 February 2007

I reserved two rooms in advance via telephone and confirmed by credit card for Presidents' Day Weekend 2007. The rate was $69+tax. After a great day of skiing, we arrived at the hotel about 8:05 in the evening. When we arrived, the owner told us that he had no more rooms, and that since we hadn't arrived by 8:00 he gave our rooms to no one else.

-When I reserved the rooms, he did not indicate any time limit for check-in, and I had verified that we could arrive at any time - he said "yes".

So, there we were in Idaho Springs on the busiest weekend of the year with no where to stay! He told us to go across the street to the Heritage Inn, they had six rooms left. When we showed up across the street, they did indeed have rooms, but at $109 & $119 +tax. When I told the girl at the check-in counter my name, she indicated that the Owner of the Columbine Inn had just called and cancelled two reserved rooms he had in my name.

Sound fishy? You be the judge. My guess is that the Columbine Inn sold our room to the highest bidder. I'll never stay at his hotel, and I will tell everyone I know that something funny is going on.

Stay away from Idaho Springs - stop in Evergreen, or wait and go to Dillon.

• Liked — Nothing.
  • Disliked — They do not honor their word. 'Reservations' means nothing
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
JC Suites
JC Suites
#3 of 5 in Idaho Springs
Americas Best Value Inn-Georgetown Lodge

Been to Columbine Inn? Share your experiences!