“Great Stay”
Review of H&H Motor Lodge

H&H Motor Lodge
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Idaho Springs
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Over Labor Day weekend I did a scouting photography trip for Mount Evans. I needed a place to stay as I'd be there three nights. I researched a number of motels in Idaho and settled on the H&H. I'm happy to report that I was pleased. The people who run it are courteous, the place is clean and the rooms are nice - overall, I'm very pleased and I intend to stay there again when I lead my photo tour in future years.

Room Tip: I checked out a few different rooms and all look nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RussLittleton
Grace Z, Owner at H&H Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

We are sorry with so much delayed reply. We thank You very much for nice words about our property. We really appreciate that you sacrificed You precious time to give good review.
Sorry to say, but the complaints are the loudest. Have a very Merry Christmas and profitable
New 2014 Year.
Best regards, owners

Reviewed 31 August 2012

We were driving cross country and were trying to get as far as possible each day. We were just passing out of Denver when we realized the road ahead was really difficult to navigate in the dark. We came about Idaho Springs, CO and this little "gem" of a motel. At first glance it appeared nice at 10PM. (They do have a really nice sign....). The room was dimmly lit but we were tired... Next morning I was horrified on what the place looked like. Probably built in the early 70's and nothing change/repaired/upgraded since. Painted over paneled rooms, dirty worn carpet, no screens on windows, worn furnature from the 70's. If you find yourself looking for lodging in Idaho Springs, drive a little further into Denver.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Grace Z, Owner at H&H Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Thank your for your feedback. We are sorry that you feel this way about our motel. We take great pride in our motel and strive to provide best possible service. Yes, the motel is older but we continue making improvements without changing its historic look and feel.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

Me and my family were staying here for the night and we started getting bitten by ticks and little brother had marks all over him. We were getting bitten by tons of other different type of bugs. We started to pack and we told them our story but they did not even give a refound. That is why I recamend never going there

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Madam,
thank You for writing review about our property. This is old property, but we put a lot of
money for repairs, ugrades, new lines every year. We have onsite Laundry facility, so it's impossible that linens were dirty. We wish You go further to Denver and found there, what You could have for the same money. We receive many compliments from our Guests, so maybe You should give us another chance before putting unfavor review.

Reviewed 8 February 2011

I was somewhat scared when I walked into the room. We had been on the road for over 20 hours on our way to Las Vegas from Michigan. We were originally going to stay at a motel in Denver but decided against it. I saw a sign for lodging and thought that this could be our last chance for a while so we chose to stay. The price was alright, and the outside was alright looking. I will never settle again. The only thing good about it was that it was in the mountains. The bedding looked like it had been there since 1985 and the last time that it was washed was 1995. The air conditioner sounded like it was going to take flight and kept me up half the night. I couldn't wait to get out of there! I was glad that we were just passing through.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank m1davis

We are sorry for Your bad experience in our property. We do many upgrades and improvements every Your, so hopefuly if You decide to give us another chance we will surprise You nicely.

Reviewed 10 July 2010

This hotel was extremely disappointing and way over-priced. The room smelled terrible when we walked in; we should have left at that moment. The beds were soft, pillows lumpy and the sheets needed a good wash. The a/c was a window unit and did not work well. The room was noisy as it was right on the main road. The bathtub clogged. The only good thing about this room was the towels which were new. This hotel needs a complete renovation. Until then, forget it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank lisat501

Dear Madam, thank You for Your time to put review about our property. We do upgrades and improvements every year, so hopefuly if You will give us another chance we will meet Your expectation.

Reviewed 7 September 2009

Extremely disappointed in H&H. Everything needs an update. Mattress, pillows and towels were worn out. Shower head was mounted below my chest. Room was dirty. With massive renovations H&H might have a chance but avoid it until then.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank timothyn314

Dear Sir,
i am sorry about delayed response. We are sorry to hear about Your bad experience with our property. We did many improvements in the front desk reservation program and in the units,
so if You will be able to give us another chance we may satisfy Your expectations.

Reviewed 25 August 2008

I'd read a number of good comments about the H & H over the years, and finally booked a stay for myself & a friend for her first time in Colorado. Since I've worked in hotels for years, & know things can go wrong with bookings, I emailed my res to these folks, and the day before arrival I called to confirm. No problems there, but when we showed up, the drop-case at the desk couldn't find our res, and since we were tired & wanted to use the much-vaunted(and highly overrated) hot tub, we took the only room available, which was a POS at the rear of the building, and since it was a "family" room, we had to pay $20 more than what I'd reserved 5 weeks before. The room was not unacceptable, and at least there was the advantage of awakening in Idaho Springs. However, the Blair Motel is MUCH nicer, as is the Blair staff. Next morning I spoke to a woman & said I didn't appreciate our being charged $20 over the agreed price, & she said I was the one who was in error. Needless to say, I won't be back here. I'll keep staying either at the Blair Motel or the Columbine Inn, and recommend that others do, too

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank RealAles

We did many improvements, including the reservation program, so hopefully, if You give us another chance it will go better.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Idaho Springs
#2 of 3 in Central City
Isle Casino Hotel Black Hawk
Comfort Suites Golden West on Evergreen Parkway
Americas Best Value Inn-Georgetown Lodge

Been to H&H Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!