H&H Motor Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Columbine Inn(Idaho Springs)
View Hotel
Idaho Springs Motel(Idaho Springs)
View Hotel
6 & 40 Motel(Idaho Springs)
Blair Motel(Idaho Springs)
Coyote Motel(Black Hawk)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 November 2012

DISCUSTING PLACE TO STAY. FOUND BED BUGS. Unwilling to work with me unless I were to switch rooms.. which would create a huge mess unless that room already has them. Horrible guy answering the phone after hours and even worse was the manager lady! Outright called me (the PAYING customer) a liar even tho we have pictures! Ban this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012
Grace Z, Owner at H&H Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Sir and Madam,
i am sorry for so delayed reply. As the owner running this business from distance we don't have
good control on daily basis. We only can assure You, that we listen to all comments.

This motel is not hatchery for the bed bugs, they were brought by our Clients.
We quarantine the unit with neibhoring ones for about week.
We use at this time all available products: spray, powder, ozonator to kill and remove them.

It would help if You would e-mail to us, so we could either reimbure You partially or offer free stay.
We receive many compliments about our units, so apparently Your experience was not common.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Over Labor Day weekend I did a scouting photography trip for Mount Evans. I needed a place to stay as I'd be there three nights. I researched a number of motels in Idaho and settled on the H&H. I'm happy to report that I was pleased. The people who run it are courteous, the place is clean and the rooms are nice - overall, I'm very pleased and I intend to stay there again when I lead my photo tour in future years.

Room Tip: I checked out a few different rooms and all look nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RussLittleton

We are sorry with so much delayed reply. We thank You very much for nice words about our property. We really appreciate that you sacrificed You precious time to give good review.
Sorry to say, but the complaints are the loudest. Have a very Merry Christmas and profitable
New 2014 Year.
Best regards, owners

Reviewed 31 August 2012

We were driving cross country and were trying to get as far as possible each day. We were just passing out of Denver when we realized the road ahead was really difficult to navigate in the dark. We came about Idaho Springs, CO and this little "gem" of a motel. At first glance it appeared nice at 10PM. (They do have a really nice sign....). The room was dimmly lit but we were tired... Next morning I was horrified on what the place looked like. Probably built in the early 70's and nothing change/repaired/upgraded since. Painted over paneled rooms, dirty worn carpet, no screens on windows, worn furnature from the 70's. If you find yourself looking for lodging in Idaho Springs, drive a little further into Denver.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Grace Z, Owner at H&H Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Thank your for your feedback. We are sorry that you feel this way about our motel. We take great pride in our motel and strive to provide best possible service. Yes, the motel is older but we continue making improvements without changing its historic look and feel.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

Me and my family were staying here for the night and we started getting bitten by ticks and little brother had marks all over him. We were getting bitten by tons of other different type of bugs. We started to pack and we told them our story but they did not even give a refound. That is why I recamend never going there

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Madam,
thank You for writing review about our property. This is old property, but we put a lot of
money for repairs, ugrades, new lines every year. We have onsite Laundry facility, so it's impossible that linens were dirty. We wish You go further to Denver and found there, what You could have for the same money. We receive many compliments from our Guests, so maybe You should give us another chance before putting unfavor review.
Sincerely, owner

Reviewed 8 February 2011

I was somewhat scared when I walked into the room. We had been on the road for over 20 hours on our way to Las Vegas from Michigan. We were originally going to stay at a motel in Denver but decided against it. I saw a sign for lodging and thought that this could be our last chance for a while so we chose to stay. The price was alright, and the outside was alright looking. I will never settle again. The only thing good about it was that it was in the mountains. The bedding looked like it had been there since 1985 and the last time that it was washed was 1995. The air conditioner sounded like it was going to take flight and kept me up half the night. I couldn't wait to get out of there! I was glad that we were just passing through.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank m1davis

We are sorry for Your bad experience in our property. We do many upgrades and improvements every Your, so hopefuly if You decide to give us another chance we will surprise You nicely.
Sincerely, owner