“Cozy little lodge”
Review of H&H Motor Lodge

H&H Motor Lodge
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Idaho Springs
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We just love staying at this cozy little lodge in Idaho Springs. It has just as much charm as the city it's located in. The rooms are always comfy and clean. We always stay here when in the area, going on 3 years now. We have never had a bad experience! We will be back H&H!

Room Tip: When you check in make a reservation for the hot tub/sauna. The sessions are private and you can res...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jennifer H
Grace Z, Owner at H&H Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2014

Thank You Jennifer for very nice words. We really appreciate that You found time to give us this nice feed up.

There are newer reviews for H&H Motor Lodge

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Horrible motel.been here a month and time to leave.I can't take anymore.they advertise free WiFi. yeah right. The signal is so poor you can't stay connected for more than a couple minutes before losing signal and it is so slow by the time you get logged into a site you lose connection.the free phone they advertise is bus my phone does not even get a dial tone.the jot tub has been out of service since I got here and the ice machine is also broken. They don't fix anything.the place is cpletley run down.almost all of the electrical outlets don't work and rather than fix them they just cover up with duct tape.worst WiFi ever which is important to people like me working out of town.....save your money and go somewhere else

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank KAsey C
Grace Z, Owner at H&H Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Kasey, thank U for taking time to write Your review. We are sorry about Your experience though we were not aware about the problem with WI FI. Our Employees living in the motel don't have a problem with internet there. We have free local calls.
We had to buy new Ice maker after few trials to repair it. The hot tub works now, after we got needed parts to repair it.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We stayed here because the Springs Lodge was full. We had no idea what to expect. The rooms are older but very clean. The beds were comfortable and we will stay here again when needed. Defiantly worth the money we paid. Recommend it to everyone. Way less expensive than the Hot Springs but still need to drive if going to the Hot Springs.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Andrew B
Grace Z, Owner at H&H Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Guests take You very much for taking time to write nice review about our property.
we hope to accommodate You again. Have great Spring.
Sincerely Grace Z.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

My husband and I decided last-minute it would be nice to stay in one of our favorite towns overnight so I booked a King room here since our usual choice, the Blair Motel, was for sale, last time we were in town anyway.
When we checked in, we found it sort of odd that payment was required at that time rather than when we checked out, which seems to be the usual practice at other hotels/motels. The hot tub was also broken. We were directed to a room that bordered the noisy road. The room was neat and tidy, though very dated, but the bed was far from King size and the only thing separating us from our neighbors down the hall was a hollow-core door with a chain, dead-bolt and the lock on the doorknob. Neither of us could sleep because of the horrible mattress, pillows, road noise, and paper-thin walls that allowed us to listen to our drunk neighbors. Since we only live an hour and a half away, we decided if we wanted sleep, it was better to go home so we left at 1:30am. I think this could be a decent place if they'd put a little money toward upgrading the mattress/pillows, make the room more secure with better doors/locks and somehow, sound proofing the rooms better.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jen C
Grace Z, Owner at H&H Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Jennifer C. thank U for staying in our motel, though we are very sorry about Your bad experience. Did U really stay in room #52, which is only available room with king size bed ?
On other hand we had many compliments about other rooms in our property. We put a lot of money into improving it over the 12 years we own it. we hope that next stay will bring You more enjoyment.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here last weekend.We have no complaints because 64 is cheap and we only stayed one night........... Long story short : I awoke to a very strange , dark , triangular shadow up in the corner of the ceiling. I went back to sleep terrified and my boyfriend was up all night seeing shadows as well, moving in the corner of his eye and subtly across the room. No we DON'T do drugs and had no drinks that night so I am convinced it wasn't just in our heads. I guess the main reason I am writing this is to see if anyone else experienced this here..... I was/ am genuinely scared !!!! what the heck did we see?

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jennifer O
Grace Z, Owner at H&H Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear Jennifer,
we run this business from distance, so we would like to investigate what could be there. Would You please let us know what unit # You stayed in ?
Sincerely Waldek

Reviewed 31 December 2013

It was a true pleasure and I wish we were able to stay longer. Hopefully I will come back but I the meantime I will highly recommended you motel. It was wonderful. Office lady was wonderful in helping us and giving info on the hot springs. The other ladies were also helpful and always had smile. Nice going all.
Jan

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jan P

Dear Jan, thank You very much for taking time and putting nice review about our property.
Hope You will be back.
Sincerely Waldek

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I left a personal belonging at this motel and I had to wait two days to find out if it was still there. The person in charge did not want to disturb the person in the room. When I found out it was still there I asked the motel management to please mail it to me. I would gladly reimburse them for the postage. Here's what they told me I had to do. I had to mail them a postage paid box with my address label on it. It would end up costing me almost as much as a new item. I would also like to say the room was dingy and the carpet was old and crummy. The sheets on the bed felt like they had not been washed in a long time and the springs squeaked. I would not recommend this place to anyone passing through Idaho Springs. There are many other nicer motels there. I have stayed there many times and this is the treatment I got. Another little note, the police were there investigating something that happened in a room when I called them the first time and also there were people, one with blood on her nose, in the parking lot who were arguing and were either on drugs or alcohol when I arrived there. The people staying next to me complained about the noise coming from another room also and ask if I had heard it. I will never give them my business again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Joy W
Grace Z, Owner at H&H Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Sir, we are very sorry about Your bad experience with our property. We own to businesses
and the one You stayed is mostly run by our Employees. Employees are always overworked and underpaid, so apparently person who You call to was afraid to risk the personal money if You won't reimburse her or him. Our other business is also connected to the tourist industry and we often send "lost and found" items, not always been rewarded for postage, gas and waiting time in
the post office line. But i am the owner, so i can afford it for the good of my business reputation.
If i would know about it, for sure the item would be returned to You. Maybe in future e-mail us
about issues, so we will be able to take care about it.
Linens we buy regularly, often restocking the inventory. We have Housekeeper living in the property, so the linens could be exchanged any time, or You could request different room.
We hope that You still give us a chance to erase bad impression, as we do improvements all the time and have wide variety of units.
Sincerely, management

#3 of 5 in Idaho Springs
Argo Inn and Suites
Argo Inn and Suites
#4 of 5 in Idaho Springs

Been to H&H Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!